May 3, 2018
Roosevelt Weekly Parent Info
Here are a few reminders for the week:
• The PTO is getting DESPERATE!!!! Please consider volunteering...The Roosevelt carnival will be here before you know it (May 17 from 5:00-7:00), and the Roosevelt PTO is in need of volunteers. WE ARE STILL IN NEED OF MANY, MANY VOLUNTEERS!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! If you are able to volunteer at the carnival, please contact Marissa Geerdes at email@example.com. Let her know your preferred time when you contact her. These are the options:
3:15 – 4:00 (set-up) ***FULL***
4:00 – 4:45 (set-up) ***FULL***
4:45 – 5:30 (games, food) ***HELP!!!!!***
5:30 – 6:15 (games, food) ***HELP!!!!!***
6:15 – 7:00 (games, food) ***HELP!!!!!***
7:00 – 7:30 (clean-up)
OR you can let Marissa know that you are available to work any of the shifts.
• School Kits...order yours for next year! Last week the flyer and order form came home to order these. All orders will be ONLINE this year. If you missed the flyer, you can simply go to www.shopttkits.com to order these. The account code that you will need to use is: 30934. This is an amazing service that the PTO provides to families, and it's a great, simple way for your child to get all the school supplies they need. The prices are competitive, and it will save you tons of time (and hassle) in the fall.
• Walk & Bike to School Day...is scheduled for Wednesday, May 9. We will be giving away 10 t-shirts and a bike!!!! Students can walk or bike to school. If they are unable to do this, they can walk our ALPS (Active Learner Program in Schools) Course before school and earn tickets that way. The goal--60 minutes of activity every single day!!
• As another school year draws to a close it is time to register for school bus transportation for the 2018-2019 school year. Transportation Registration Forms will be coming home from school in the red folder TOMORROW. This form will be light yellow in color. Please return the form before the end of the school year. All Roosevelt families need to complete this form, even if your child does NOT ride the bus!
Students who have completed a Transportation Registration Form before August 1st will be guaranteed busing for the 1st day of school. Late registrations will likely not have bus transportation in a timely manner, and a significant number of late registrations will require the addition and changing of the bus routes that will be in place the 1st day of school, and parents will be required to transport their student until the form is processed and the bus pass received.
Thank you for your timely completion of this required form. Again, it's a required form for all Roosevelt families.
• MAPS Preschool has 4 year old openings for School Year 2018-19 at the following locations: (Child must be 4 on or before September 1st, 2018. Scholarships available for qualifying families.)
Family Learning Center- 820 Hubbell Avenue, M-TH 12:15-3:15 p.m.
Early Childhood Center- 2077 Lookout Dr,North Mankato M-TH 12:15-3:15 p.m.
For more information or to register, contact the Early Learning Department at 507-625-4620
As always, thank you for supporting our work!
Aubree won an extra recess for ALL of second grade! Way to go, Aubree! Readers are leaders!!!
MyOn Reading Winner
Abraham was one of the top readers in District 77 during the Blizzard Cup Challenge. Way to go!
Math Leaguers Rock
Kudos to Ella, Maddison, and Brynley for their efforts in 3rd Grade Math League. Way to go, girls!