1st Grade : Religious Education
Saint Peter & Paul Catholic Church
First Week : Created by God.
This year’s theme is Keys to the Kingdom.
We did review Chapter 1 : Created by God.
- The Bible is God’s Word written by humans. We learn about God from the Bible.
- God made humans to be his friends, to know and love him. They were created to live together in joy and peace with God and with each other.
- God made everything. All of his creation is good.
Week 2: God's Gifts for Us.
- God created the world to show his love.
- All of creation is God’s gift to us, and his Son, Jesus is his greatest gift.
- People use God’s gifts in the world to make things we need.
- Thanksgiving is showing God we are grateful for all that he’s given us
Kids reflected about :
“God made every kind of wild animal, every kind of tame animal, and every kind of thing that crawls on the ground. God saw that it was good.”—Genesis 1:25
Week 3 : About the Bible
- Jesus told stories like the Lost Sheep to show us how God watches over and guides us, always welcoming us.
- A parable is a short story Jesus told about everyday life to teach something about God.
- The Bible is the Church’s holy book.
- The two parts of the Bible are the Old Testament and the New Testament.
Vimeo password --> stspp
Review the FAMILY + FAITH section (last page) from each lesson.
1st Grade teachers : Sunday - Session 1
Ms. Kari Sanchez