Youth Election Assistant Program
A Program through the Municipality of Anchorage
Who Can Be a Youth Election Assistant?
- be a high school student in good standing.
- be 16 years of age.
- be U.S. citizens who are able to work a 14-hour day.
- have written permission from a parent or legal guardian, as well as from their principal.
- attend a two-hour class by the Municipal Clerk's Office that provides instruction on how to do the job under the supervision of an Election Precinct Chair.
- not have a conviction for fraud or election offenses.
- not be a close relative of any candidate on the ballot.
What Does a Youth Election Assistant Do?
- help voters cast their ballots and ensure that elections are fair and honest.
- gain knowledge about their local government.
- meet interesting people.
- get paid for attending the mandatory training.
- be compensated for their work done on Election Day.
How Do I Apply?
For more information and to get an application, visit:
Look on the right side of the page directly underneath the "How Can I Help You?" box.
You can also contact:
Municipal Clerk - Election Office
Municipality of Anchorage
632 W 6th Avenue #250
Anchorage, AK 99501
343-4376 or 343-4311