March 21 - 25
All In, Mt. Gallant!
How We Win:
- Building and sustaining relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Improving our core instruction in the areas of Guided Reading, Lucy Calkins' writing, and Number Talks.
- Personalizing the MGES experience and learning for each child
Congrats to MG's Science Bowl and Battle of the Books Teams!
Family Health Day was so much fun!
March 25 - Exchange Day
Grade Level Minutes
Reading Coach's Corner
Coming soon! Please send me your monthly levels before you leave on Wednesday.
Great resource! Check out the “Writing about Reading” section of your F & P Continuum. We know that high progress literacy classrooms have students engaged in reading, writing, and researching in authentic ways, throughout the day. This immediately makes me think about what the other students are doing during Guided Reading instruction while the teacher is busy meeting with groups. Reading and writing, in the ways described in this portion of the continuum, would easily prepare students for whatever the SCReady test might look like.
Needs! Please let me know if there are any additional materials (tradebooks, etc) that your grade level anticipates needing for your 4th quarter Calkins unit of study. I will try my best to get them for you!
Reminder! Revised F & P window is Apr. 18 - May 25
Be brave, take a risk, and try something new in your classroom this week.
- Report Cards Sent Home; Newsletter Sent to Parents
- If your team hasn't responded to the questions I sent on March 8, please do so by Wednesday. Think about your Reading and Math instruction as a team. What’s working? Who’s it working for? If it isn’t growing all of my students, how can we tweak it so it does?
- Fourth and Fifth Grade to Dutchman for Grease performance - 9 - 11am
- Faculty Meeting - Bring iPad/laptop and a paper or electronic copy of your identified Essential Learning Standards
- Reading Levels due to Lisa
- PST - See MGES Calendar
- District Read-in - Battle of the Books Trip - 8am-1pm
- Groucho's MGES Night - 4-9pm
- Post PLC Minutes in Canvas
- Enjoy your day away!
29 - Faculty Meeting
- Team Meetings with Lisa at 2:45 in Media Center
------ 2:45 - 3:10 - K, 5
------ 3:10 - 3:30 - 2, 3
------ 3:30 - 3:50 - 1, 4
30 - Team Meetings with Math Coaches - Essential Learning
30 - Spring Pictures
30 - Winthrop Baseball Game - Readers Recognized
4 - 8 - Spring Break
13 - MAP Window Opens for K-2; Dr. Pew Visits MGES
14 - Parent Volunteer Drop-in
26 - SC Ready - Writing Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
27 - SC Ready - Reading Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
28 - SC Ready - Math Grades 3 - 5 - Paper/Pencil
28 - Family Art Night
30 - Recruitment Fair
3 - KNN, Color Guard, and Ambassadors Field Trip
4 - MAP Window Opens for 3-5
5 - SIC at 5:15; PTA at 6pm
11 - 27 - SC PASS Online Window for Science and SS for Grades 4-5
18 - TK Ceremony @ 8:30
19 - PTA 3-5 Dance
20 - No School - Inclement Weather Make-up Day
25 - Grades Due
27 - Knights of the Round Table & Gallant Girls Field Trip
30 - No School
31 - Field Day
1 - Fifth Grade Promotion at 8:30am
2 - Kindergarten Promotion at 8:30am
20 - Assessment Conference
21 - Assessment Conference