Centered on Learning
Secondary ITRT Newsletter - January 2014
Get "Centered" with Technology
"Why stations?" you ask. Stations:
- allow for small group communication and collaboration.
- provide movement opportunities in your classroom.
- help students develop independence.
- increase active engagement.
- provide opportunities for multi-sensory activities.
- allow for differentiated instruction.
- address varied learning styles, interests, and needs.
- promote self-discovery.
- allow teachers to target specific academic skills.
Keep reading to learn about quick and easy ways to get stations going in your classroom by using technology and PD opportunities that will keep you in the know.
Upcoming PD Opportunities
1. SMART Board - Level 1
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 3:30-4:30 at HCES (lab); Bambi Feighner
- Tuesday, Feb. 4, 4-5 pm at OKMS (215); Heather Causey
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 3:30-4:30 at BPES (lab); Stacie Taylor
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 3:30-4:30 pm at OKMS (719); Sheryl Sylvia
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 4:00-5:00 pm at HHS (Lib. Lab); Kate Kanach
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 4-5pm at OKMS (719); Stacie Taylor
- Tuesday, Feb 4, 4-5pm at OKMS( 6th Grade Lab); Stacie Taylor
- Tuesday, Feb.4, 3:30-4:30 BES Lab; Sheryl Sylvia
- Thursday, Feb.13, 3:30-4:30 EES (D-11); Sheryl Sylvia
- Tuesday, Feb. 4, 4-5pm at OKMS (719); Tamara Letter
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 4-5pm at OKMS (719); Tamara Letter
- Thursday, Feb. 6, 3:30-4:30pm at RPES (Rm. 12); Jennifer Hicks
- Tuesday, Feb. 11, 3:30-4:30 pm at PGES (TBD); Jennifer Hicks
- Tuesday, Feb. 18, 3:30-4:30 pm at KCES (B-9); Jennifer Hicks
- Tuesday, Feb. 25, 3:30-4:30 pm at RPES(Rm. 12); Jennifer Hicks
- Thursday, Feb. 27, 3:30-4:30 pm at PGES (TBD); Jennifer Hicks
- Thursday, Feb. 13, 4-5pm at OKMS (719); Heather Causey
Student Activities from Scholastic
Find a variety of activities that can be completed using desktops, Netbooks, ThinkPads, iPads, SMARTBoards, BrightLinks, Mimios, or their own devices. Choose from many different content specific activities. Activities are listed for specific grade levels that include K-12.
New Year's Resolution
"Take the pledge to support the effective use of technology to improve education for all students." www.digitallearningday.org