The Rossman Report
Family Newsletter - September 30
Upcoming Dates & Events
- 3-7 - Homecoming Week
- 5 - 2:00 PM - Early Dismissal
- 10-14 - Fire Prevention Week
- 13 - PTO Butter Braid Fundraisers DUE
- 20-21 - NO SCHOOL (MEA)
- 25 - School Pictures - Grades K, 1, 2, 3
- 26 - School Pictures Grades 4 & 5
- 2 - 2:00 PM - Early Dismissal
- 10 - 3:30-5:30 PM Butter Braids Fundraiser Pick Up
- 14 & 17 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- 24-25 - NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving)
2022-23 Early Dismissal Days
School is dismissed at 2:00 PM on Early Dismissal days. There will be no after school SAIL on those days. Please communicate the plan for Early Dismissal Days with your student's teacher.
2022-23 Early Dismissal Dates:
This Week's Feature: FIRST GRADE!
Rossman 1st grade classes (pictured below) have had a fantastic start to the school year! First grade is a BIG year of learning to read, making new friends, and growing each day.
We are proud to see Rossman 1st graders working to be Kind~Safe~Ready and do things
The Laker Way!
Meet the Rossman 1st Grade Team
Front: Ms. Berkelind (student teacher), Mrs. Holehouse, Mrs. Schmitz
Back: Mrs. Moors, Mrs. Jackson, Ms. Webber
Collectively, Team "Firsties" has...
- 67 Years of teaching experience,
- Degrees in... Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education, Master's Degrees in Curriculum & Instruction. Currently pursuing continuing education degrees in Educational Leadership and Environmental Education,
- College/University Ties to... University of Idaho (Mrs. Jackson), University of North Dakota (Mrs. Holehouse), Valley City/Bethany/Mayville (Mrs. Moors), Bemidji State University (Mrs. Schmitz) and Minnesota State University Moorhead (Ms. Webber)
- Involved in DLPS and the Community through...Coaching, SAIL program, Literacy Academy, Math Master's, Knowledge Bowl, Camp Inventions, Young Life Leader, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Vacation Bible School leader, Mentorship Program
This Week's Laker Ticket Winners
Great job, little Lakers! SAILS UP!
Homecoming Week Dress-Up Days
Sunrise SAIL Information
PTO BUTTER BRAID Fundraiser
Your student came home with a Butter Braid order form this week. The Butter Braid fundraiser has been extremely successful in raising funds to support the work of Rossman PTO. This is one of the only Butter Braid fundraisers in the area, so selling is easy!
Order forms are DUE OCTOBER 13.
Thanks for your support!
October Family Reading Calendar
The October Family Reading Calendar was sent home in your student's Wednesday Folder. The reading calendar is an opportunity for students and families to track reading at home. Reading together and talking about books are great ways to connect with your student.
Mark the number of minutes you read to your student, or the student read to themselves each day. Reading calendars are due at the end of the month. Every student that turned in to the office will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win books and prizes!
THANK YOU for taking time to make literacy and reading fun in your home!
Services with School Counselor Mrs. Gloege
Digital Tools Message from Superintendent Jenson
Rossman Office Notes
7:30 AM - Doors Open - ALL students must go directly to the cafeteria until 7:55 AM. Hallways will be closed until 7:55 AM
7:40 AM - Breakfast Opens
7:55 AM - First Bell - Hallways open for students to put backpacks away and go outside for recess
8:15 AM - School Begins - Please be sure your student is at school on time
Changes to Your Student's Dismissal Plans? - Please call the office by 2:30 PM to communicate a change in after plan for your student(s)
Visitors in the building - All parents and visitors must have a scheduled purpose or appointment and check in at the office to receive a visitors badge.
Links & Information
Laker Wellness Newsletter - September Edition
Rossman Report Archives - Previous Rossman Report links can be found in this Google Doc:
Make lunch, activities, and community education payments through the DLPS Online Payments Portal
District Calendar - Link: PDF file of the 22-23 DLPS Calendar
Parents and caregivers - if your child is working through anxious moments, this website may be a helpful resource for you: SPACE - Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions
SAIL Program - Before and After School Learning
Need a ride to activities or school? Call Becker County Transit 218-847-1674
What's For Breakfast & Lunch?
- SCHOOL LUNCH MENUS
- Note from the District Central Kitchen: There have been some supply issues impacting the ability to consistently obtain fresh produce. Canned and dried fruit may be supplemented when fresh veggies/fruits are not available
Phone & Internet Resources
- Lifeline is a federal program that lowers the monthly cost of phone or internet service, up to $9.25 per month, for eligible consumers. Or, up to $34.25 per month, plus Link Up, for those living on Tribal lands.
Community Education Resources to share
- How to Apply Handout (English and Spanish)
- Manage the Benefit Handout (English and Spanish)
- Consumer Toolkit offers sample language for social media, newsletter/blog, radio, etc.
- Tribal Handouts and Toolkit
For more information about this program, and other discounts that Arvig offers, visit arvig.net/AssistancePrograms.
Detroit Lakes Health Resources: https://www.hrcdl.org/
Rossman PTO - Join Us!
Join Rossman PTO! All are WELCOME!
Next Meeting - October 10, 4:00 PM in the Rossman Collaborative Space
Not Available to Attend the Meetings? - You can still participate in PTO activities. Join a committee or volunteer to help at an event. No long-term commitment is necessary, and the PTO could use extra hands.
Upcoming PTO Events:
- Staff Coffee Bar - October
- Staff "Happy Cart" (snacks) - October
- Butter Braid Fundraiser - November
- Teacher Conference Meals - November
- Breakfast Buddies Family Engagement - November
Contact Principal Emily Sternberg to get connected.