Animal Control Worker
Period 7 Sierra
Tasks for Animal Control
- Capture and remove stray, uncontrolled or abused animals from undesirable conditions, using nets, nooses, or tranquilizer darts as nessesary.
- Train police officers in dog handling and training techniques for tracking, crowd control, and narcotics and bomb detection.
- Organize the adoption of unclaimed animals.
- Euthanize rabid, unclaimed, or severly injured animals.
- Contact animal owners to inform them that their pets are at animal holding facilities.