HPMS Family Bulletin
THANKS TO OUR STUDENTS, STAFF AND FAMILIES FOR A GREAT FIRST WEEK BACK!
- Harbour Pointe Office Hours 7:30am-4:00pm
- Doors open for students at 7:35am
- Office phone: 425-366-5100
- School Hours - Monday-Thursday - 8:05am-2:45pm, LIT Fridays - 8:05am-1:30pm
- Attendance phone number is (425) 366-5105 or email HPattendance@mukilteo.wednet.edu
The HPMS Family Bulletin is available in multiple languages. The "Translate" function can be found at the top of this webpage.
IMPORTANT DATES - LOOKING AHEAD!
- 15: Learning Improvement Day - School Dismisses at 1:30
- 19: HP Music Booster Meeting, 7:00pm, Library
- 20: Softball: HP vs Olympic View MS, 3:45, HP Field
- 21: Cross Country: HP @ Evergreen & Eisenhower MS, 3:45, Eisenhower MS
- 26: Curriculum Night, 6:00pm
- 5: Picture Retake Day
- 20: Staff Work Day - No School for Students
GET YOUR HP HAWKS SPIRIT WEAR!
Click on the link below to order spirt wear. The store is open until 9/14, so don't wait to order!
Welcome to the HPMS Spirit Wear online store. This online store has been developed to greatly simplify the team gear ordering process for you. To get started, just select the appropriate sizes and quantities for the items below. Orders will be delivered to the school for disbursement.
HPMS PARKING LOT SAFETY
Please read the following important information about our parking lot:
The front parking lot is closed 7:30am-8:00am and 2:30pm-3:00pm for buses only
Please remember to not drop off students on Harbour Pointe Blvd. Drop off in the back area of the school or on 50th across from the school and the flagger will get your student across the road safely.
If your student is dropped off in the morning at the back entrance to HPMS, please read this IMPORTANT message.
If you arrive BEFORE 7:35A and you wish to wait with your student…
- Please pull into a parking space and wait.
- Please DO NOT line up and wait in our “kiss-n-go” line.
- Please DO NOT park in the spaces (XXX). The “kiss-n-go” line blocks these parking spaces.
- When cars line-up before 7:35A, parents who need to drop and go, and staff who need to park and get into the building, cannot do so without passing cars against oncoming traffic.
During the morning drop-off, the “kiss-n-go” line should be moving.
We are always looking for ways to improve! Thank you for helping us keep our HPMS community safe.
❤ = Kiss-n-Go, then go left to exit
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BEING ON HP CAMPUS
While we cannot wait to welcome all your students back to Harbour Pointe this upcoming week, we did want to notify you of an update to our practice of having the public use our outdoor school facilities during non-school hours. Up until this year, we have allowed the public, including current students, to be on campus during non-school hours. We would like to continue this practice; however, we need to restrict the timeframe due to ongoing issues with vandalism and inappropriate behavior that have occurred on campus after school. Most often, these behaviors have been due to the decisions of students who have remained on campus after school and weren’t involved in a supervised activity.
Therefore, our policy is now the following: The public, including current students, may use outdoor school facilities between 4:30 pm and dusk, and between dawn and 7:30 on school days. If there are school sponsored events during these public times, these events will take priority over public use. This means that any student not involved in a supervised, school-sponsored activity or event (e.g., sports, clubs, homework help prearranged with a teacher) must leave campus within 7 minutes of the final bell. They may return after 4:30 until dusk, so long as there is not a school-sponsored event.
YOUR STUDENT MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR DECREASED/WAIVED FEES FOR SOME ASB/ACTIVITIES
Updated for the 2023-24 school year!
Due to a state mandate, many schools in Mukilteo School District will provide free meals for ALL of the students attending that school without collecting applications beginning in Fall 2023, including HPMS. A school’s qualification for the program, Community Eligibility Provision (CEP), is based on the percentage of families with students attending that school who participate in state-funded assistance programs such as SNAP, WIC, etc. The data comes from the state database of assistance program participation.
If you haven't done so already, please complete a brief Family Income Survey through the district communication system. If you prefer, you can print a hard copy of the financial eligibility and consent to share forms and return it to your child's school office.
For those of you with Kamiak students, you must complete an online Free- and Reduced-Price Meal Application. Paper copies are available at your neighborhood school office.
HP ONLINE STORE
Purchase ASB Card, Yearbook, and PE clothing by scanning the QR code or click HERE.
If your student is participating in clubs, sports, Band, Choir, or Orchestra, they must purchase a $15.00 ASB card. Students will receive PE clothing the first week of PE. Yearbooks will be distributed at then end of the school year. Questions? Please email our bookkeeper, Ms. Gish.
SCHOOL PICTURES BY DORIAN
Picture Re-take/ Make Up Day is October 5
If you would like to order pictures, please scan the QR code or visit mydorian.com, search for Harbour Pointe Middle School, and click on the green Order button.
If you would like a retake, and have already purchased a picture packet, please send the pictures you do not want on October 5. The photographers will take them. There will be no retake for students' IDs.
SIGN UP FOR 2023-24 ATHLETICS!!!
How do I sign my HP student up for sports?
1. Register Online
- complete the online registration in Final Forms
2. Sports Physical
- Submit a sports physical (good for 2 years)
3. ASB Card
- Purchase an ASB card ($15)
HP Season 1 Sports Information
- Coaches: Bryan Stelling and Bob Simon
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-5:00 PM
- Practice Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00 PM
- 7th & 8th graders, no cut sport
- Coaches: Ann Bradley and Kevin Jacobson
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in W204
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-5:00 PM & Fridays 1:30-3:30 PM
- 7th & 8th grade girls, team selection
- Coaches: Kris Henry and Heidi Bloemker
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in the PE portable
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-4:00 PM & Fridays 7:00-8:00 AM
- 7th & 8th graders compete, 6th graders practice only
Hey HP Families!
We’re so excited to have your students back for another fun year at HP. It’s been a busy first week as everyone is adjusting to their schedules and all that a new school year brings, but your students are doing great so far! This year we have an amazing new team member on the counseling staff named Anthony Noble. He may be a familiar face to some, as he’s worked at Endeavour Elementary for the past three years in the same role. For those new to Harbour Pointe, our counseling team rotates each year with the grade level they’re assigned to, so this year our counseling team roles are:
- 6th Grade: Mrs. Megan Francisco firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade: Mr. Anthony Noble email@example.com
- 8th Grade: Mr. Stephen Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to partnering with you in making sure your student feels supported academically, socially and emotionally this year. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding your student!
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVOCATE FOR HPMS
My name is Raylin Lucey, and I am the Student Support Advocate for HPMS. I connect students and families to resources and support within the community.
I can help students and families connect to…
- Food or Clothing
- Housing Resources
- Youth Shelters
- Resources for paying bills
- Mental Health Therapists
- Support Groups
- Health Insurance
- Documentation - Birth Cert, ID, DACA, Social Security
- State and federal assistance
- Legal Resources
- LGBTQAI+ Supports
- BIPOC Supports
- A safe place to talk and more...
Raylin Lucey He / Him
Student Support Advocate | Harbour Pointe Middle School
Office 425-366-5128 | Cell 425-231-2603
Office Hours Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri @ 7AM-3:30PM, Tue @ 10AM-6:30PM
“Everyone is still healing from things they don’t talk about so be kind.” – Mike Foster
GOOD TO KNOW
DO YOUR STUDENTS OWE FEES AND FINES?
Our bookkeeper, Lori Gish, would like you to check if your students have fees and fines. There might be charges for lost/damaged books, club fees, or athletic uniforms that were not returned. Any fines and fees carryover from year to year. It’s best to clear these up now. Please click HERE to check your student’s account.
ACTIVITY BUS INFO
- Students must be a regular bus rider (live within the school bus boundaries)
- There are two lines of Activity Buses (a NORTH bus and a SOUTH bus).
- Students need to know their address to get on the correct bus.
- There are limited stops on the route, so it may not be your child's regular stop but somewhat close in proximity.
- Students may ask the bus drivers to find out which bus they should take and what stop they should get off.
- This is NOT your student's regular bus route. Depending on when your student's stop is, they could arrive home after 5:00PM.
- All Activity Buses leave at 4:10PM from the front of the school.
DO YOU PLAN ON VOLUNTEERING AT HPMS THIS YEAR?
Please be sure that you have current MSD Volunteer paperwork on file. Click on the link below to go to the MSD website. There you will be able to read and complete the necessary forms (available in multiple languages). If you have questions, please contact Sandra Holzer, our Family Engagement Liaison. Thank you!
SCHOOL LUNCH MENUS
McKinney – Vento Act
Are you living in or moving to a temporary place due to loss of housing or economic hardship? Did you know that if where you are staying is not fixed, regular and adequate, you may qualify for extra support from your school?
Students have a right to finish the school year at their school of origin. Contact your school if you think you might qualify for services. Learn more about the McKinney-Vento program here.
Packs For Kids
Packs for Kids, a non-profit program to feed children in the Mukilteo School District on the weekends during the school year. Packs for Kids is designed for students to receive a backpack or bag filled with non-perishable food on Friday to support their families through the weekend. If you are interested in signing up for Packs for Kids please sign up online at this link: SSA Referral Form.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), email@example.com, Section 504 Coordinator Becca Anderson (425-356-1282), firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), email@example.com. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.