Here's what's happening at Life School Carrollton! #CHIRP
March 16th through March 20th
Welcome Back from Mrs. Villavaso
As we move into the week, please share pictures of learning that I can share on Facebook, in emails, or in newsletter format. I am still uncertain which platform will be the best but will try a variety of ways. I am also considering a parent meeting phone conference if the closure extends beyond this week. There is potential for the closure to extend beyond this week.
Please continue to reach out to me with any questions or concerns. I have daily scheduled District meetings and will share information as it unfolds. I also know that the District will share information with our families as well.
As always, Life School Carrollton is here to serve your family and to journey through this unprecedented time.
Distance Learning Site
Life School is committed to providing quality education and continued learning during times of extended closure. Based on the most recent information from TEA, we have learned that providing continuity of learning will help minimize the long-term impact on students and families. In an effort to not have additional make-up days or an extended school year, we are creating distance learning opportunities for our students.
We have an awareness that students’ education is paramount, but also acknowledge the diversity of family life situations and are sympathetic to the other demands that this unprecedented time is requiring of families, including differing levels of access to technology. During this time, we would like to partner with you and provide access and opportunities for your students to continue their learning each day at home.
To assist you in engaging in your student’s education, we have launched a Distance Learning website. Here you can explore the Distance Learning Resources or access grade-specific Distance Learning Activities.
- The resources included on the website are meant to serve as a tool for families.
- There is not an expectation for assignments to be turned in at this time.
- We understand that everyone will not have the capacity to complete the activities or have immediate access to the website.
- We would like to encourage all parents to find at least 20-30 minutes to engage in math and reading activities each day, as the continuation of these subjects is critical for student success.
- We will continue to release additional activities throughout the week in these important subjects.
This site also gives us the beginning framework of a platform to extend our distance learning opportunities, should the closure continue beyond this week. We are developing plans and contingencies if that occurs and will communicate with you frequently throughout the week.
Food Services During Closure
Other Items Pending Due to Further Closure
Kindergarten Round Up 2020-2021
March 30th- Kinder Celebration Picture (Likely to be canceled)
Half-Day and Parent Conferences
- Pants are NAVY slacks. Slacks must be without holes.
- A navy or red Life School logo shirt or white oxford Life School Logo shirt
- Legging underskirts are allowed but should be a solid color.
- Outwear worn inside the building should be a Life School sweatshirt, sweater, or jacket.
As students begin growing out of uniforms, our nurse would be grateful for any uniforms donated to the school closet.