3rd Grade News
Ms. Ramsey's Weekly Newsletter February 7, 2016
Send your child in with an empty shoe box wrapped in Red, White, or Pink paper ASAP
Classroom Valentine's Day Celebration
2. Vishnu A.
Mrs. Houston's class ( if your child wants to make Valentine's for other 3rd graders)
14. Vishnu R.
Important Dates and Information
1. TESTS - The Science Test is Wednesday 2/10 and the Social Studies test is Thursday 2/11.
2. Valentine's Day Celebration and Dance on Friday, 2/12
3. Homework packet due 2/12!
6. Valentine's Dance volunteers still needed!
7. Bring in BOX TOPS for NJHS
8. "Buy a cutie for your cutie" fundraiser is still happening this week in the cafeteria.
Students can bring $2 to send their valentine a special treat! :)
9. Dr. Seuss Day is coming SOON! (March 2)
If you are interested in volunteering, please email!
10. READ TO SUCCEED - SIX FLAGS LOG DUE FEBRUARY 24TH!
February 10- Science - Chapter 5 Ecosystems Test
February 11 - Social Studies - Chapter 3 - Test
February 12- Class Valentines Day Celebration AND School Dance
February 15 - NO SCHOOL
February 25th - Field Trip to Alliance Theater
February 26th and 27th 6 pm - Drama 101 presentation of " The Giver"
Language: Unit 4, Week 2
- Phonics: r-controlled vowels
- Conventions: Subject and Object Pronouns
- Writing: Persuasive Essay
Reading: Unit 4, Week 2
- Comprehension Skill: Graphic Sources
- Book of the Week: Hottest, Coldest, Highest, Deepest (Nonfiction)
- Vocabulary Skill: Greek and Latin Roots
Social Studies:. Chapter 3- Native Americans, Colonization, American Revolution
Review for Chapter 3 Test
Science: Chapter 5- Ecosystems
Review for Chapter 5 Test
There are assignments posted for all content areas (Reading/ELA, Science, Social Studies, and Math). These assignments align with GPS standards. New assignments will be available Monday, February 1 until February 29! Go ahead and get your child started!! :)
SYMBALOO EDU RESOURCES
Below are some more Symbaloo links for your child!
Mrs. Houston and I's 3rd grade Resources
Elementary Science Resources
Grades 3-5 Resources
Another Teacher's symbaloo that is excellent!!