Weekly Update October 14, 2016
important info from Mrs. Hannahoe
A few important pieces of information...
- The Halloween party will take place after the costume parade which is scheduled to begin at 9:30. All are welcome to the costume parade. In order to come in and help with the classroom party you must have clearances on file at the Admin building and you must have a volunteer badge. If you are interested in helping with the party and you did not sign up to be a room parent at Back to School Night, please let me know and I will pass your name and contact information along to Kate Noel, our class head room parent. Stay tuned for more information with specifics on the costume parade.
- Thank you to those of you who have emailed me with an interest in being a Mystery Reader for our class. If you are interested, please email me so we can try and find a time that works. You must have a volunteer badge for this project.
- I hope you are visiting places around Springfield Township to complete your child's Scavenger Hunt.
A few things from this week...
- We introduced and practiced the following letters - u, l, h, k and words- the and am. It would be great if you could practice these at home too. Please review the October calendar for other skills being taught and practiced this month.
- If a Book in a Bag comes home that your child has colored in class; please treat it as a typical book and read and celebrate success. Generally these books focus on a particular set of skills or a theme we are studying and reinforcement at home is appreciated.
- The boys and girls surprised me with all their pink on Pink Day. They enjoyed cheering on the Susan G. Komen 3 day walkers. I shared with the students that these people are walking to raise money to help people who are sick.
- We have several Class Books that will be coming home to your house for a night in the near future. I hope you enjoy sharing them with your family.
Coming up next week...
- Our letters for next week are p. j. v. w. Our words for next week are- is and get.
- Congrats to Nat, our new Star of the Week.
- Don't forget to wear sneakers on Wednesday for PE and return library books on Thursday.
- We have our first buddy visit with Mrs. McGrath's third grade class at Erdenheim on Friday, October 21st. Please send back the permission slip as soon as possible. This is a great experience for all the students.
Star of the week!
Look at all this pink!
Visit our class website!