Have you tried turning it off and turning it back on again?
Attendance Check Ins
Westwood Warrior Challenge (with a side of pie!)
Wow, Westwood!!! As with many aspects of life in 2020, this year's fundraiser looked different.
The Westwood families embraced the virtual fundraiser and blew us away with your generosity! Thank you, as always, for your incredible support of the students at Westwood Elementary!
Chalk the Playground Winners
Chalk the Playground
Feeling the love
Pie in the face
Three LUCKY staff enjoyed PIE for breakfast on Friday...served directly onto their face by our top three fundraising students. Congratulations!!
Pie the Principal
A picture so good....it had to be made into a GIF. (see below)
Giving Tree Program
This year, Ankeny Schools will not be sponsoring the Giving Tree program. Our Westwood community is always incredibly generous and your donations each year support families right here in Ankeny. We encourage you to continue giving to the Ankeny Service Center directly or another agency of your choosing. You can choose to sponsor a family by clicking on the link here and completing the “sponsor a family for the holidays” form. You can also donate gifts for children of all ages, gift cards, or personal care items to the Ankeny Service Center.
Call 515-965-1976 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop-off of items. Please note the Ankeny Service Center has moved to 1517 N. Ankeny Blvd. Suite B (directly north of Earl May). Questions can be directed to Justine Brandenburg, Westwood School Social Worker, at Justine.Brandenburg@ankenyschools.org
Important Information from the Nurse
- Feeling Sick. If your child is feeling ill, and is unable to participate in the continuous learning, please contact your school as usual.
- Positive Test. If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please keep your child home and contact your school principal and school nurse as soon as possible.
- Close Contact. If you are notified that your child is a close contact with a person who tests positive for COVID-19, please keep your child home and contact your school.
- Limit Contact With Others. Continue to follow Polk County Health Department guidelines which include limiting our contact with others. This includes social distancing, wearing a mask properly and keeping your social circle small.
- Wear a Mask. Per Polk County Health Department: We cannot stress the importance of wearing a mask. This is the best form of protection against COVID-19. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has now provided new guidance that wearing a mask can protect BOTH the person wearing the mask and those around you. Wearing a mask will help reduce the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Sincerely, Ankeny School Nurses
Ankeny Community School District does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, physical attributes, physical or mental ability or disability, ancestry, political party preference, military affiliation, socioeconomic status, or familial status. Inquiries and grievances may be directed to Kenneth Morris, Jr., Equity Director, 306 S.W. School Street, P.O. Box 189, Ankeny, Iowa 50021-0189, (515) 965-9600, email@example.com; or the Iowa Civil Rights Commission, Grimes State Office Building, Des Moines, IA, 50319-0201, (515) 281-4121; or the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 500 West Madison Street, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661.
Confidentiality notice: This communication and any attachments are covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§2510-2521 and contain privileged and confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you should not review, use, disclose, distribute, copy or forward this email. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy any and all copies of the original message.