By: Angels Garcia 7th period
Psychologist study the human mind behavior in an effort to provide diagnosis and/or therapy for patients suffering form mental, emotional or behavioral problems.
High School Prepartion: Students interested in becoming a pyschologist concentrate on highschool courses in biology, chemistry, engilsh, foreign languages, psychology, sociology, and health occupations/medical professions education.
College Requirement: Psychologists are genreally required to obtain a Ph.D. , a Ps.D. or a Ed.S. degree in order to practice psychology. In order to specialize you must habe two years of post-doctoral study. if you have a mastor's or bachelor's degree can work under the supervision of a pyschologist as a psychologist assistant.
Intitutions where the education is offered
- Boston College
- California State University - Northridge
- Columbia University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Stanford University
Approximate Cost of Education
for texas if you live in state the price is $21,910
for out of state $45,260
Some psychologist work alone and others work as part of a healthcare team, collaborating with physicians, social workers, and others to treat illness and promote overall wellness.
Many clinical and counseling psychologists in private practice have their own offices and can set their own schedules.
In state: 64,260
Equipment/supplies used in the chosen career field
- not many found
American Psychological Association(APA)
their mission is to advance the creation, communication and application of psychological knowledge to benefit society and improve people's lives. They do this by:
- Encouraging the development and application of psychology in the broadest manner.
- Promoting research in psychology, the improvement of research methods and conditions and the application of research findings.
- Improving the qualifications and usefulness of psychologists by establishing high standards of ethnics, conduct, education and achievement.
- Increasing and disseminating psychological knowledge through meetings, professional contacts, reports, papers, discussions and publications.