The Viking View Families
To translate this newsletter please click on the image that looks like the one below or the small circle of the person on a phone.
From the desk of Principal Williams
It is important for us to stay vigilant during the cold/flu season. The protocols for COVID- 19 have not changed. If your student is exhibiting any Covid symptoms your child must stay home for 10days and return only if symptom-free. Or be symptom-free and return with a negative PCR test.
If your student has any symptoms while on campus you will be called to pick up your student immediately.
I know that it can be challenging. It is however necessary to keep all students and staff safe.
We could use your help still with large bags of chips and snacks coming on campus. Students are not allowed to bring these large bags on campus and they are also not allowed to share food at any time.
Lastly, at pick-up time remember that any student who is being picked up and not riding the bus needs to exit through the Green Gate. This is in our site plan and to keep all students safe, and needs to be followed.
With much gratitude,
COVID Information from SRCS
Contact your healthcare provider, or
- Visit a free Sonoma County Testing Location
- Please do NOT visit Santa Rosa City Schools testing sites if you have symptoms
- Click here for Sonoma County COVID-19 Testing & Tracing Information: in English | in Spanish
COVID testing for students without symptoms (asymptomatic) Or students in Modified Quarantine
- Without symptoms, many people with COVID-19 infections aren’t even aware they are carriers of the virus. As a result, they may not be taking the necessary precautions to isolate themselves and protect others.
- Click the following link to learn more about asymptomatic testing for students at Lewis Early Learning Academy on Mondays through Thursday 2:30-5:to Pre-Register for testing use this link to sign -up.
- Free vaccines are available to anyone age 12 and older.
- Click here for Sonoma County Vaccine Clinic Information: in English | in Spanish
Please do not send your student to school if they are exhibiting any of the following symptoms;
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Students may wear costumes, but must follow the following guidelines;
- No scary masks
- No weapons
- No blood
- If they have an appropriate mask it may be worn at school during the parade only
- No adult-themed costumes
Support projects created by our educators
ParentSquare is super important for our school community. It is how we primarily communicate.
We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified. If you need support signing up for ParentSquare please call our office at 707-890-3945 to set up an appointment.
Log into ParentSquare today. If you are new to ParentSquare, click here for instructions (English/español). If you need more information visit this webpage from Santa Rosa City Schools.