October 21, 2019
Benton-Carroll-Salem Schools to focus on school bus safety October 21-25
Take time to give a special thank you to a B-C-S bus driver for keeping our students safe!
Our district transportation staff offers the following tips to remind your child while getting on and off the bus:
• Get to the bus stop in plenty of time
• Wait at your driver designated place of safety
• Take 10 giant steps away from the bus when unloading
• Always follow the driver’s directions for how to cross the street
• Be alert to traffic and look both ways
• If you must cross the street, always cross in front of the bus.
We recognize that school bus transportation is a partnership. Students, parents, bus drivers, school staff and motorists all have to work together to keep our children safe.
Bus drivers help to keep children safe in a number of ways:
• Drivers watch surrounding traffic closely to keep school children safe
• Drivers do their best to follow scheduled routes and times to provide regular and dependable service
• Drivers will help teach their riders safe riding practices.
Students need to know and respect the following:
• Students need to follow the bus driver’s instructions
• Students should know and remember the safe riding rules
• Wait for their bus at designated stops, standing at their driver-designated place of safety
• Move quickly to their assigned seat when boarding the bus
• Remain seated after boarding the bus
• Respect other riders on the bus
• Talk to their bus driver if they have a question or concern.
Here are some ways that parents can help:
• Review the safe riding rules with their children. Help them to understand why each rule is important
• Dress children in light colored clothing or jackets on dark mornings
• Help children to be ready at their stop before the bus arrives
• Take turns supervising bus stops for smaller children
• Do not allow children to wear items that may get caught in handrails, in doors, and on seats. Items such as drawstrings, dangling straps on book bags, and loose clothing can be particularly dangerous.
Thank you to all for keeping our students safe.
I would like to extend a special thank you to B-C-S Transportation Staff for their dedication, professionalism, patience, and resilience!
Guy L. Parmigian
Facebook Live Levy Q & A Announced!
Facebook Live Levy Q & A with the B-C-S Superintendent and Treasurer:
Tuesday, Oct. 22 at 4:30 PM
Levy News + Fact Sheets
B-C-S would remain one of the lowest taxed school districts in the area even with passage of Nov. 5th levy.
B-C-S Fact Sheet #1
B-C-S FACT SHEET #2
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019. The polls will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. for voting at your polling location.
Absentee Voting Dates & Times
Absentee/early voting begins Tuesday, October 8th and continues until the day before the election at the Board of Elections office, 8444 W. SR 163, Oak Harbor (near Riverview Nursing Home, in Veterans Building).
Looking to view your students meal account activity?
To add money to, or otherwise access (check balances, etc) your child's school lunch account, you can go to this link below:
To access this in the future, you can go to the B-C-S Website (www.bcssd.com) under the Parents Tab.
Everyone has to register if you have not logged in. If you need help with registering please call us.
B-C-S Food Service Department.
Victoria Coffman: firstname.lastname@example.org
419-898-6216, Ext. 2210
District Calendar for B-C-S Local School District for the 2019-2020 School Year!
What's Going On At RC Waters Elementary?
A Visit to the Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge
Learn with me!
The staff at RC Waters on Professional Development day.
What's Going On At Oak Harbor Middle School?
OHMS Bands participate in the halftime show!
Great job OHMS band students in joining the HS band for the halftime show at Friday night's football game!
Let's go Rockets!
Cheering on the 7th-grade team at their last home football game!
WHATS GOING ON AT OAK HARBOR HIGH SCHOOL?
Art Club news!
Art club creating props for the fall play.
Karbor Krazies celebrating the win and awaiting the rushing of the field!
Oak Harbor High School Cafeteria Wisdom!
FFA Hosts: first ever Bale Decorating Event
Thank you Rocket Pride Community! $783 was donated tonight during our first ever Bale Decorating Event! All proceeds will be donated to the BCS Food Pantry!
Attention Seniors - Note important yearbook dates!
WHATS GOING ON AT PENTA?
Ethan Cremar (Oak Harbor)
Lab: Heating and Air Conditioning Future Plans: After graduation I plan to seek further training by joining the Local 50 Pipefitting Industry.
Oak Harbor Rockets 2019 Div. II Girls Sectional Champions
Oak Harbor Rockets - Boys 2019 OHSAA Division II Sectional Champions
ROCKET SPORTS HIGHLIGHTS:
- Congratulations to Hope Sievert, Cameron Crandall and Clay Winterfield for qualifying for The OHSAA Regional Cross Country Meet next weekend at Tiffin. Races begin at 11:00
- Hannah Schulte score in overtime. Rockets in 2-1 over Port Clinton to become Sectional Champions
- Final score from Oak Harbor Football: Oak Harbor Rockets 33 Edison Chargers 14
- The Lady Rocket Volleyball team loses a tight match to Vermilion in sectional finals at Bellevue tonight score were: 23-25 23-25 28-26 25-20 Great effort ladies!
- The Rockets win the Boys Soccer Sectional 5-1 over Perkins. They will play at 7:30 on 10/21 against the winner of Rossford/Napoleon. Great win Rockets!
BENTON-CARROLL-SALEM LOCAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
WEEKLY SPORTS AND SCHOOL CALENDAR
WEEK OF 10/21/19
Tuesday, October 22
9:00 AM HS ~ Blood Drive
Thursday, October 24
4:30 PM A MS ~ 8th Football - Willard
Friday, October 25
End of the 1st nine weeks grading period
7:00 PM H HS ~ Football - Willard
Saturday, October 26
10:00 AM A HS ~ JV Football - Willard
B-C-S Alum Highlight Nominations needed!
The Benton-Carroll-Salem School District wishes to highlight the accomplishments of its graduates who reside in our area, the nation, and the world!
The B-C-S Alum Highlight will be featured in the Sampler and in other media throughout our area. We know that Rocket Pride is strong, and so are the accomplishments and contributions of B-C-S alumni.
We look forward to recognizing and honoring the extraordinary individuals who are graduates of Oak Harbor High School.
The school district was founded on July 1, 1967 due to the consolidation of the Benton Township School District, the Carroll Township School District, and the Salem-Oak Harbor School District.Benton-Carroll-Salem Local School District, home of the Oak Harbor Rockets, serves 1700 students on three campuses: R.C. Waters Elementary School (Grades K--3), Oak Harbor Middle School (Grades 4--7), and Oak Harbor High School (Grades 8--12). The district is committed to serving the needs of all students to prepare them for the challenges of citizenship, the workforce, and life long learning.