News from Room 11
March 29, 2013
Thank you to Julie Prior for all her hard work creating a wonderful yearbook page for our class!!
What we will be learning/doing next :
* Language Arts Unit 5: Week 2- Scientists find out about the world around them in many ways.
- Vocabulary: improve, career, idea, fascinating, investigate, curious
- Words to Know (read, spell, write): grew, knew, would, house,
- Grammar/Mechanics: Adjectives that compare (bigger, biggest) and end marks
- Phonics: noisy "r" spelled ar. Spelling Words: cart, arm, yarn, barn, art, chart, harm, smart, her, dirt
- Skill: making an inference based on what you know and what you read
* Math- Addition and Subtraction Facts to 20
* Writing- using adjectives to make our sentences more powerful
- Sign up on the WIKI to bring a snack for the Bunny Brunch. Your child may dress up in bunny ears or bring in a bunny to help us celebrate my favorite animal, a bunny! I'll read a bunny book while we enjoy bunny snacks in the garden. Please send in a blanket or towel for your child to sit on.
- Room 11's Leveled Library Books: Several students have not been turning in 10 books on Friday. We have many books missing! Please look around your house and return them ASAP.
- I am sure you have received notice about the current Foundation for Learning Technology Pledge Drive going on at Solana Santa Fe. I know it feels like we are constantly asking for donations, but this one truly touches the kids in the classroom everyday. Just ask your child the amazing projects we've been doing with our 4th grade big buddies on their IPads. I'm blown away by the 4th grade students and the technology that they are learning. Just look at your child’s Kidblog! Most of this work was done on Ipads!
Please consider donating, any amount is appreciated!
April 8th-12th: Spring Break
April 18th: Bunny Brunch
May 10th: First Grade Performance at 1:15
May 23rd: Open House