By: Noah Heitshusen
What is Prostate Cancer?
Prostate cancer only affects men. It is a malignat tumor of the prostate gland and causes it to start to grow uncontrollably. There is no prevention for prostate cancer, but you should make note of changes in your body. You will have painful urination, blood in the urine, or pain in the lower back or pelvis.
Always report abnormalities to your doctor! Do not be shy!
- Discomfort in the pelvic area
- Swelling in the legs
- Blood in the semen
- Blood in the urine
- Decreased force in the stream of urine
- Trouble urinating
- Bone Pain
- Digital Rectal Exams
- Prostate-specific antigen
- Transrectal ultrasound
- Choose a healthy diet.
a. Choose a low fat diet.
b. Eat more fat from plants then animals.
c. Eat many fruits and vegetables every day.
2. Have, and maintain a healthy weight.
3. Exercise daily.
- Surgery to remove the prostate, as well as checking lymph nodes.
- Radiation therapy