Tison Roo News 2015-16
Week of December 14th -- 18th
UPCOMING TISON EVENTS
Monday, Dec. 14 -- Girls Basketball against Aledo @ Tison (5:00 PM)
Monday, Dec. 14 -- "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi" in Tison Cafeterorium (3:45-6:00 PM)
Tuesday, Dec. 15 -- Choir Concert @ Tison (6:30 PM)
Wednesday, Dec. 16 -- Final Exams Begin
Thursday, Dec. 17 -- Final Exams & Early Release Day
Friday, Dec. 18 -- Final Exams & Early Release Day
BASKETBALL CONCESSION STANDS
Parents - we need your help at the Tison Basketball Games!
We need concession stand workers for both the girls and boys home basketball games - each volunteer spot is an hour long so you can sign up for a time that isn't during your student's game time. Please use the following link to sign up and help out!
Basketball Concession Stand Volunteer Sign-up: http://vols.pt/fLQsTd
2015-2016 TISON YEARBOOKS
2015 – 2016 Tison Yearbooks are on sale now. Order before they are all gone. Last year we ran out, so don’t be left out. Yearbooks also make a GREAT Christmas gift! In addition, the price of the yearbook will increase starting January 1st. If you'd like to order online, click on the link below this message. If you don't want to order online, stop by the attendance office at Tison to pick up an order form.
Teachers, if you have a student you would like to purchase a yearbook for or want one for yourself, please come talk to Leslie Fenton for special pricing.
Tison Semester Exam/Early Release Schedule
1st -- EXAM (8:05-9:26 AM)
2nd -- 9:30-10:17 AM
3rd -- 10:21-11:08 AM
4th -- 11:12-12:38 AM (w/ lunches)
11:08-11:38 "A" Lunch
11:38-12:08 "B" Lunch
12:08-12:38 "C" Lunch
5th -- 12:42-1:33 PM
6th -- 1:37-2:22 PM
7th -- 2:26- 3:35 PM
Thur, December 17 -- Early Release Day
2nd -- EXAM (8:05-9:25 AM)
3rd -- EXAM (9:30-10:45 AM)
4th -- EXAM (10:50-12:05 PM)
Fri, December 18 -- Early Release Day
5th -- EXAM (8:05-9:25 AM)
6th -- EXAM (9:30-10:45 AM)
7th -- EXAM (10:50-12:05 PM)
HOUR OF CODE @ TISON
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Blake Maxwell, 8th Grader
A member of the Tison staff had this to say about Blake: "He has a great attitude and is always polite and respectful. He is very considerate, kind, polite, and smart. He is a great leader who tends to be on the quiet side so he may not get noticed for all the good in his heart and his mind. Every day in class, he works with those around him to help keep them on task and to keep them from misbehaving."
In order to get to know Blake a little better, he completed a student version of the questionnaire - "20 Questions in 60 Seconds". Below are his answers:
1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names?
yes, Lady my German Shepherd
3. If you could have the perfect birthday party, what would it be?
hanging out with friends and my family; going paintballing
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is your favorite kind of candy?
6. What is your favorite color?
7. What is your favorite zoo animal?
8. What do you want to be when you get older? Why?
paleontologist, so i could help find prehistoric animals
9. What is one thing you don't know how to do that you wish you did?
code and fix computers
10. What is your favorite thing to study at school?
11. What do you like to do for fun?
hang out with my brother
12. Do you prefer to spend your time inside or outside?
13. What do you like to do as soon as you get home from school?
go outside and walk around
14. What is your favorite TV show? Why?
America's funniest home videos, I like to watch it with my parents
15. What is your favorite movie? Why?
Maze runner, it's based on one of my favorite book series
16. What is the best toy that you ever had?
17. What is your favorite restaurant?
18. Who has the best kids' meal toys right now?
19. What is your favorite book?
20. What is your favorite video game?
STAFF SPOTLIGHT -- 20 QUESTIONS IN 60 SECONDS
Jake Rae -- Tison Athletics Coach/Inclusion Teacher
Jake -- a first year teacher/coach -- has a great ability to motivate students around him and is known for his jovial personality among staff and students alike. Everyone loves Coach Rae!
In order to know more about Jake, he completed the "20 Questions in 60 Seconds" questionnaire. Below are his answers:
1. What three traits define you?
Passionate, Outgoing, Loud
2. What is your personal philosophy?
This is the one life you have to live, find something you truly enjoy doing and give it everything you have.
3. What's one thing you couldn't live without?
4. What is the greatest challenge you have had to overcome in your life thus far?
Teachers telling me I would never make it through college.
5. What is the one thing you cannot resist?
My mother's baking
6. What is your greatest fear?
7. Where is your favorite place to be?
8. What is your favorite thing to do?
9. Where is the best place you've traveled to and why?
South Texas because of the culture and when you are sitting on a scendaro in 30 degree weather, there's not a better place on this Earth.
10. What's the weirdest job you've ever had?
I was an office clerk for a law firm, I found another job in three weeks.
11. What does true leadership mean to you?
Leadership to me has multiple meanings. If you want people to follow you, you have to show that you will lead by example. Everything is not always going to go your way or their way, but you have to think with a clear heart and open mind. If you treat people with respect, they will do just about anything for you. A true leader knows how to get the best out of people.
12. Which one would you want most -- flying cars, robot housekeepers, or moon cities?
I would definitely say moon cities because that would be another place to go hunting.
13. What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
This would definitely have to be all the changes in the ranching industry. I would say the most important innovation would be artificial insemination.
14. What would you do (for a career) if you weren't doing this?
I really don't know, I love kids and I love teaching, so it would definitely have to be something with the youth.
15. If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
I would love to go to New Zealand and be a hunting guide over there. I would love a chance to get to hunt the largest Red Stags in the world.
16. What would you most like to tell yourself at age 13?
There could be an easier road to take, but take the road that you want to take and it will lead you to all new heights.
17. What are your three most overused words/phrases?
Boooyyyy, Huh, and Oh my lord.
18. How do you define success?
19. What is the best book you have ever read?
Beowulf in Old English.
20. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I actually like eating salads.
CONNECT WITH TISON ON TWITTER!
Just search for and then "follow" the following:
@tisonprincipal (Principal, Carrie Harrison)
@WeatherfordDad (Assistant Principal, Trace Craft)
@LisaEdmunds (Assistant Principal, Lisa Edmunds)
@1LBaird (Keyboarding teacher, Laura Baird)
@belledirector (Tison All Stars/WHS Blue Belles Director, Laura Buckner)
@MrsFentonTMS (7th grade Math & yearbook teacher, Leslie Fenton)
@Profe_Ferrell (Spanish teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Kym Ferrell)
@mrsafowler (Texas History teacher, Amanda Fowler)
@coachgommert (7th grade Science teacher & coach, Colton Gommert)
@tisonlibrary (Librarian, Leah Greer)
@MharrisScience (7th grade Science teacher, Melissa Harris)
@AndreaHayward3 (8th grade Math teacher, Andrea Hayward)
@KerfootSylvia (STACI aide, Sylvia Kerfoot)
@ErinLight3 (7th grade ELA teacher & Tennis coach, Erin Light)
@SimplyDramaStac (Theater Arts teacher, Stacey Mitchell)
@wmohr8 (8th grade Math teacher, Wendy Mohr)
@mattnovikoff (Inclusion/Math Resource Teacher, Matt Novikoff)
@stpatterson11 (8th grade ELA teacher & cheerleading sponsor)
@smilesas8 (8th grade Science teacher, Sally Scott)
@ToniScience (8th grade Science teacher & NJHS co-sponsor, Toni Smith)