December 6, 2015
National Hand Washing Awareness Week
December is Cold & Flu Survival Month
Some simple ways to prevent the spread of flu:
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
- If someone in the household is sick, try to keep the sick person in a separate room from others in the household, if possible.
- Keep surfaces like bedside tables, surfaces in the bathroom, kitchen counters and toys for children clean by wiping them down with a household disinfectant according to directions on the product label.
- Throw tissues and other disposable items used by sick persons in your household in the trash.
STOP!T Bullying Reporting and Prevention
We are excited to inform you that our school has enrolled with STOPit!
STOPit is an online reporting tool designed to deter and mitigate bullying and cyber abuse, consisting of an app and a backend incident management system for school administrators.
Our students will have access to the STOPit mobile app, which has two simple but powerful features.
Report can be used by students to report incidents to school contacts (anonymously, if the student so chooses) and/or to trusted contacts the student selects.
Get Help can be used to engage in two-way communication with school contacts or to access a 24/7, 365 talk-or-text Crisis Center.
Please read the letter home to families and attend the informational meeting on Wednesday, December 9th at 6PM if you would like more information.