Interested in Music Education?
Check out the National Association for Music Educators
What does NAfME do?
• Provides information, resources, and services for music education professionals.
• Provides a forum for the exchange of ideas through the Internet, and meetings.
• Promotes music as an essential area of study.
• Investigates curriculum needs and develops resources for effective music education.
• Encourages excellence by recognizing individual achievements and contributions to
What does NAfME have to offer?
Membership: When you join NAfME, your dues
cover both national and state membership, giving
you access to all member benefits at both levels.
Resources: Including publications, and NAfME merchandise.
Conferences, Meetings, and Webinars: National,
division, and state events offer opportunities to
meet future colleagues, exchange ideas with experienced educators, attend sessions, and see the latest in music education products and services. Collegiate members receive substantial discounts on registration fees!
Volunteer: Work with students from local schools and gain hands on experience.
Leadership Opportunities: Become an officer in your chapter and/or state affiliated organization or represent your division at the national level.
Advocacy: NAfME provides its members with programs such as Music In Our Schools Month®