The Centennial Weekly
Volume 12, Issue 8, September 17th, 2021
Centennial High School
The BISD Custodial Department is Hiring!
BISD Custodial Department is now Hiring full and part time, Evening positions. Please apply online at https://www.burlesonisd.net/Page/1
Click on Employment and join our team. Then click on Maintenance/ operations.
Welcome to our new Community in Schools Social Worker, Mitzi Corrales!
CHS is excited to have our first CIS Social Worker to add to our layers of support for students and families. Please click on the link below for more information on Mitzi and how CIS works for you and your students!
Electronic Cigarettes and Tobacco Products
Along with being against the law, the products have been shown to lead to possible health issues. Our main priority is to keep students as safe as possible while at school. In doing so, we will be vigilant in dealing with students in possession.
CHS is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free zone.
- Monday, September 20th - Homecoming Court Voting opens at 8:00am. A google form will be shared with all students to nominate students in their grade for the court. There will be 3 males and 3 females nominated in each grade level.
- Thursday, September 23rd - Homecoming Court Voting closes at 5:00pm. Homecoming court announced the same evening.
- Monday, September 27th - Homecoming King/Queen voting opens at 8:00am. A google form will be shared with all students to vote on the King and Queen.
- Wednesday, September 29th - Homecoming King/Queen voting closes at 5:00pm.
- Friday, October 1st - Homecoming ceremony at halftime of the football game.
Yearbook Information for Seniors
1. In order to be featured on the portrait pages of the yearbook, seniors MUST have their photo taken by Glamourcraft. The session is free, but you must book an appointment. These sessions book up quickly and they are limited due to COVID restrictions. You can book online at Glamourcraft or call (817) 292-8989. Photos must be taken by November 12th.
2. Senior Quotes are due by November 5th. There is no fee to have a senior quote in the yearbook, but students must fill out a Google Form that will be sent to them in their email. We must have 80% of the senior class participate in order to print the quotes in the yearbook. Quotes are given on a first come, first serve basis, so the quicker they submit the more likely they are to get what they want. Encourage them to take care of this as soon as the form is sent out.
3. If you would like to purchase a Senior Ad, you can do so online at balfour.com or by sending information to Mrs. Miller (email@example.com). All payments are due by November 12th. If you are creating the ad yourself, completed content is due on December 3rd. If you would like the Yearbook Staff to create your ad, all photos and information is due by November 12th. Here is the Senior Ad Form.
4. Obviously you don't want to do all this and then not purchase a yearbook! They are currently the cheapest they will ever be ($75) right now. Go to balfour.com to purchase your copy of your senior memories for this year.
Click here to purchase tickets for all BISD athletic events. All sales will be online. No cash will be accepted at the gate.
Click here to find important information and dates specifically for the Class of 2022.
On campus students who are late to class will be instructed to go to a tardy computer, 6 locations throughout the building, and either scan their ID or enter in their ID number. A tardy pass will immediately print and will be their pass to class.
Click here to find the tutorial schedule for teachers for the 2021-2022 school year.
Click the button to request a Verification of Enrollment Form (VOE). This form is required to get a driver's permit or driver's license.
Click the button for information from the College Access Specialist, Mr. Jason Hahn.
Click the button for information about Crimestoppers and/or Friends for Life. Students are encouraged to report information that is criminal, threatening, inappropriate, or potentially harmful. This is an anonymous reporting system.
Click the button for information on Spartan Senior Celebration prizes.
Click the button for information on how to contact CHS Administration and/or House Offices.