Weekly Staff Bulletin
~March 17-21~Week 27~
Thank you so much for all your support this past week! I have been out a lot due to multiple meetings with budget, site plan, instructional rounds, etc. Many of you have come to the aid of your colleagues & that means the world to me; it just reconfirms my commitment & loyalty to you!
Have a wonderful week!
Tests & Assessments
Physical Fitness Test - 5th Grade
Opens on February 3rd, closes March 21st
Check in on March 27th & 28th
SR 3 - closes 3/21, Check in April 4
SR 4-opens 3/24
SWT 3 - Opens April 21st
STAR Testing Window
CST/CMA: Science - 5th grade
CAPA: 2nd - 5th grade
Opens April 9th
Closes May 16th
Check In: May 19-21
SBAC - Field Testing Window
ELA &/or Math
Opens April 7th
Closes May 16
~What's going on this week?~
Thursday, March 20th
Please see the link for the schedule: https://docs.google.com/a/ousd.k12.ca.us/document/d/1yQY4vCAtHeZmLbpmWVPvrtwfXfM6dKIEd16zyIrFOaE/edit?usp=sharing
Elementary Leadership Collaborative
(ELA, Math, & Science Leads)
Parent Concern: School Safety
When parents ask what is SEED doing to ensure the safety of their children, please use the following talk points:
- ALL adults at school MUST sign-in at the office. A sign outside each classroom states the state/district/school policy. Please enforce this!
- Close campus: Gates are locked at 9:15 AM & are unlocked 15 minutes before/ end of the school day
- The pedestrian door next to the large gate is left unlocked for the convenience of our families.
- K-1 grade students have a buddy student to go to the restroom.
- All students are expected to go to the restroom closest to their classroom.
- Restroom logs are a recommendation from administration for all classrooms
- ASP: Gates are locked at 4 PM; are reopen at 5:30 PM
- School gates will be locked by no later than 7 PM.
- Office & main building are locked by no later than 4 PM
On 3/13/at 8:40pm, Mr. Lopez was notified that an unidentified man was on campus. Mr. Lopez asked the man "what are you doing here" and he replied "using the bathroom". Mr. Lopez then asked the man to leave. He left running with 2 bags he said was recycle can. Also, he looked like the man that was hiding in Seed's Office. Therefore, in order to help ensure Night Staff security the above procedures is now in place.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
~CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION~
2nd Round of Accelerometers
I received the following message about our second round of accelerometers. Hope this helps for your planning and I will do my best to make all survey and information collection as easy as possible and do my best to get it back to them ASAP so we can receive our stipends! Many thanks for all your help with this and please let me know if you have any questions. I will keep you posted if I hear anything else.
· April 28-May 2: Data Collection Week for Oakland Schools
We will not be sending student packets this time around, so you should only expect to receive the box of accelerometers along with student surveys for the 4th-6th graders who participated in round 1. We will prepare materials on our end to simplify data collection as much as possible. I will send around an updated protocol for round 2 within the next week or two, but in the meantime please let me know when you may be available for a quick check in (via phone is fine) to review any questions, concerns and go over the updated (and simplified!) protocol for data collection.
Thank you all again for your commitment to this project!
State Farm Youth Advisory Board Service Learning Grants. Public K-12, charter, and higher education institutions are eligible to apply. Grants range from $25,000 to $100,000. Applications must be submitted online by May 2, 2014. Grant requests must fall under one of the following issue areas:
- community safety and natural disaster preparedness
- environmental responsibility
- accessing higher education/closing the achievement gap
- social health and wellness issues
- financial literacy and economic inclusion, or
- arts and culture
Attention teachers & staff,
Any student that is sent to the office for discipline need the following:
- hallway pass
- a detailed description why the student was sent to the office (specify if the student needs to reflect or if a referral is on its way)
- little notes on scratch sheet of paper WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Gentle reminder: please remember that it is your responsibility to drop off your classroom in the cafeteria & wait for them to get their food. We have had incidents that students misbehave while walking to the cafeteria or waiting in line & the classroom teacher is not around. My expectation is that you escort your students to the cafeteria & monitor their behavior while in line. Let's come together to decrease incidents.
Student of the Month Nominations
Submit your nominations to Dulce by the end of the week, especially if your class participates in the March 21st assembly. I highly recommend that you use the most recent data to highlight students' growth.
Perfect attendance report will be generated by Dulce.
La Cosecha Annual Conference
Please let Zoe or Beatrice know in order to begin the registration process.
Check out the link: http://www.dlenm.org/lacosecha2014/
Annual ATDLE Conference
I am looking for 2 teachers that are interested in being SEED's representatives at the 22nd Annual ATDLE conference from June 23-26 in Sacramento. Consideration will be given to new teachers or any teacher that did not participate in any conferences during the regular school year.
Please submit your interest to Beatrice &/or Zoe.
Check out the website: http://atdle.org/conferences/