What Prolonged the Cold War?
What is the Coldwar?
The Cold War was basically a disagreement between two major political ideas; Communism and Democracy.
Things that lengthened the Cold War....
- Split between North and South Korea
- Divided by the Soviets and the U.S.
- South Korea was democracy and North Korea belonged to USSR
North Korea - 38th Parallel
Hi Chi Minh
- Fought against the French
- Went to the Soviets for help
- Formed llttle independent groups against France
- To eliminate people who Mao Zedong thought were not good for China
- Call on the youth army
- Very brutal
Truman's idea to stop the expansion of the Soviet Union
- Containment policy
- After the split of Vietnam
- Battle between the North and South
- Many invasions
Cuban Missle Crisis
- A lot of weapons and "hot spots" in Cuba
- Confrontation between the U.S and the Siviets
- The closest the Cold War came to escalating into a nuclear war
- The U.S. Giving money to countries who were likely to fall under communist rule
- Caused more competition between the two political parties
- The soviets block all rail roads and resources to Berlin
- The plan failed in the end even though it lasted for a while