The Stallion Scoop
T.G. Smith Elementary Newsletter
~December 16, 2022~
We would like to thank you for a great first semester! Please see information below about a few reminders and upcoming events.
- Class Parties: Our class parties will be on Monday, December 19th at 2:00 pm. If you plan on attending, please be sure to have your ID with you to get a visitor tag. If you already let us know that you would be attending, we will have your badge printed in advance. We look forward to seeing you!
- Sing-A-Long: Our sing-a-long will be on Tuesday, December 20th at 1:30 am. If you plan on attending, please bring your ID so we can get you a visitor badge.
- Christmas Break: School will not be in session December 21st-January 4th. School will resume on January 5th.
- Thank You, PTA: We would like to thank our PTA for providing treats each day this week. We are so thankful to have the BEST PTA!
Mrs. Simco & Mrs. Barron
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR DIFFERENCE MAKERS
Our school day begins at 7:45. If your child arrives after 7:45, your child will be counted tardy and must be checked in at the office.
When your child is absent, please call the office at 479-750-8846 to report your child’s absence.
You must bring a doctor's note anytime your child has missed school for an appointment.
We have bell to bell instruction (7:45-3:10) at Smith Elementary, so it is important that your child arrives on time and stays until the end of the school day. We have intervention/extension 1:30-3:00 that is targeted toward your child's needs, so please do not check your child out early unless they have an appointment.
Excessive absences and/or tardies will require you to come in for a meeting with Mrs. Simco, Mrs. Barron, and/or the attendance committee.
7 absences within a semester are considered excessive absences and will result in an absence plan/contract with the attendance committee.
District Calendar 2022-23
T.G. Smith Elementary
- Principal: Kim Simco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Assistant Principal: Heather Barron (email@example.com)
Location: 3600 Falcon Road, Springdale, AR, USA
Phone: (479) 750-8846