What's the Buzz?
December 6, 2019
This week's photos of interest:
Coach Brumett and members of the Wabash College basketball team paired up with Mrs. Rohr and Mrs. Hensley to read and do literacy games with kids through a community grant.
Sight word pizza
Mrs. Rohr's students work with player Jayden Edwards on a game where pizza topics get added after a child identifies a common sight word.
Game play is intense
Mrs. Hensley's students play a version of alphabet slap jack with player Tyler Watson where they are busy building mental speed.
Sight word pizza
Volunteers needed for staff breakfast
Wisdom from the Queen Bee Mrs. Starlin
From Parents magazine:
By Tamekla Reece
7 Ways to reduce your child’s holiday stress:
- -Stick to routines. Do your best to keep bedtimes the same.
- -Give a heads-up before new things happen or give your child a schedule. Have them help you make the schedule and include pictures.
- -Schedule in downtime: find a quiet place, listen to music, take deep breaths.
- -Let your child vent.
- -Work up a sweat, exercise.
- -Just say “no” when needed.
- -Keep yourself in check- parents need downtime too! ENJOY!
Counselor's Corner with Mrs. Tucker
Building foundations with Mrs. Reef
News from the Hose Library
We have an exciting month underway in the library! We have begun a new author study with Jan Brett. This week we are reading "The Mitten."
New vocabulary: Plot (working on it all month)
- Kindergarten- getting familiar with the word and being able to answer "What was the story about?"
- 1st Grade- getting familiar with the word, being able to retell a story in correct order (sequencing), and getting familiar with a simplified plot mountain
We will not checkout books the week of 12/16-12/20.