August 5, 2022
Dear Adelante Selby Spanish Immersion families,
I hope everyone is well and enjoying the last days of summer vacation. I am excited to welcome everyone back to an amazing new school year! I want to share some important dates and information concerning the return to school. Please review the Important School Information 2022/23 below so you know the protocols/expectations concerning COVID, the School Calendar, the Bell Schedule, the Dress Code, the Drop Off /Pick Up procedure, the suggested Classroom Supply Lists, and how you report your child's absence using the Student Absence Reporting Form.
Important School Information 2022/23:
- 2022-23 COVID Protocols in School: Masks are highly recommended, but not required.
- School Calendar : Please schedule family vacations around our school vacations.
- Bell Schedule : Please review so your child is dropped off and picked up on time.
- Dress Code : Please review and try your best to have your child follow our dress code daily.
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures: Please be patient driving during Drop Off/Pick Up.
- Classroom Suggested Supplies Lists 2022/23
- Student Absence Reporting Form: Please use this in lieu of calling the office.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can achieve at their highest potential in two languages. We recognize that in order to be successful in school our students need support from both the home and the school. We will do our very best as a staff to carry out our responsibilities so that students can be successful. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring he/she:
1) attends school daily, arrives on time, and is ready to learn in dress code
2) completes all homework assignments given by teacher
3) reads 30 minutes daily to develop love of reading and fluency
4) shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of what’s happening at school
5) informs you if he/she needs more support in any subject area
6) knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go to college
Please help me to WELCOME our new teachers/staff to our school(see photos below).
- Nancy Gonzalez will be teaching 1st grade out of Room 213 replacing Maestra Elizabeth
- David Hopper will be the new STEAM Lab/Maker Space teacher next to the Library.
- Cinthya Mendez will be our new Office Assistant replacing Raquel.
- Claudia Sandoval will be our new Office Assistant in the Family Center replacing Jocelyn
- Jose Cortes will be our new Lead Custodian replacing Mike Breen.
- Brian Zelaya started towards the end of last year as the new Office Assistant
Back to School MAZE Day will be held on Wednesday, August 10th: Last Names A-M 9:00-11:30AM; Last Names N-Z 12:30-3:00PM. By now you should have received the MAZE Day packet of information in the US Mail as we sent it out on August 1st. Please review all of the information and remember to bring the Emergency Card filled out and the MAZE cover sheet to MAZE day. We will be in the hallway by the blue lunch tables outside located behind the office between the 100-200 wings for MAZE day(not inside the cafeteria/MUB).
MAZE day is an opportunity to:
- turn in signed Emergency Card
- get assistance filling out the Back to School Update/Informed K12 Form
- get assistance completing the Unidos Membership Toolkit
- sign up for After School Care Programs: REACH K-5th grades, YMCA TK-2nd grades, Sienna Youth Center 3rd-5th grades
- pre-order the school yearbook
- purchase school spirit clothing with our new Alebrije school mascot
- sign up to volunteer for School Site Council or the English Language Advisory Committee
- sign up to volunteer with Unidos PTO, to be a Room Parent, to help with Project Cornerstone Lessons in TK-2nd grade classes, and help with community events
- complete finger printing/background check in order to help volunteer at school
- sign up for the school Musical/Play : "Music Man" is the play this year.
- sign up for after school Dance Class with Danny G
- sign up for after school Sports
- GET YOUR CHILD's SCHEDULE and find the location of the teacher's classroom
IMPORTANT REMINDER: COMPLETE THE BACK TO SCHOOL UPDATE FOR 2022/23
On an annual basis, Redwood City School District (RCSD) families review and provide new information to their child's Back to School Update. This packet of information is an important step as it helps families with the following:
- Provide any medical information to their child's school,
- Provide emergency contact information to their child’s school, and
- Access to any new and/or updated Board of Trustees policies.
Parents and guardians can access the Back to School Update below. Check your email from the School District for the 15 character SNAPCODE to complete the update:
IMPORTANT REMNDER: Complete the InformedK12 Form that will be sent with a link via email.
- For the 2022-23 school year, because all students eat for free, the district will not collect the usual Free or Reduced-Price Meal (FRPM) Applications. Instead, the district will ask households to complete an online InformedK12 Form sent to your email.This is a simple household income survey that can be completed online as a means of establishing eligibility of enrolled students for LCFF supplemental funding. The data collected is also acceptable for other non-LCFF funding allocations such as Title 1, E-Rate reimbursement (Schools and Libraries Program), and other state and federal grants that may be allocated in the future.
It is very important that all families please complete the form. All information is confidential. It is a fast and convenient way to apply for benefits with added privacy. Remember to list all your children and all the adults living in your household.
2022-23 COVID Protocols in Our School
This new school year, we will continue to follow several precautionary measures in order for all of us to stay safe while we learn together.
Redwood City School District (RCSD) is following recommendations from the San Mateo County Office of Education’s (SMCOE) COVID-19 Safe Schools Framework, which was developed for 202-223 in consultation with San Mateo County Health (SMCH), reflecting guidance for schools and districts including from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). You can find our District’s 2022-23 protocols on the RCSD website here.
You can expect to receive additional information about our District’s protocols throughout the school year.
Our school office is now open and the office hours are 8:00-4:00pm. Entering the office, all visitors it is highly recommended that you:
- wear a mask
- use hand disinfectant when entering the office
Important August Dates
- 8/10 Back to School/MAZE Day Last Names A-M: 9:00-11:30; Last Names N-Z: 12:30-3:00
- 8/11 Food Distribution 2:45-4:00pm--High quality fruits, vegetables, and protein. Drive through the front parking lot of the school. ALL ARE WELCOME to participate!!
- 8/14 TK/K Ice Cream Social 1:00-2:30pm Kinder playground area
- 8/17 First Day of School
- 8/25 Food Distribution 2:45-4:00pm--High quality fruits, vegetables, and protein. Drive through the front parking lot of the school. ALL ARE WELCOME to participate!!
- 8/26 Principal's Coffee 8:30AM School Library