The Vise Press
October 2, 2015
Monday: Send in 10-12 pictures for the students to share with the class.
Friday: Students will read a book aloud to the class and they may bring an item for Show and Tell.
Veteran's Day Program
Genius Hour is Coming!!!
Want to know more about Genius Hour? Click here!
At Home Resources
- Epic (firstname.lastname@example.org/student)
- RAZ Kids
- Front Row (class code = cweyct)
- Xtra Math
- Clock Master App (Medium - time to 5 minutes, Hard - time to the minute)
October 7th - Early Dismissal at 11:45 (Student-led Conferences)
October 7th - Progress Reports able to be viewed in Google
October 8th - Early Dismissal at 11:45 (Student-led Conferences)
October 8th - Class t-shirt Monday Due
October 9th - SPIRIT DAY!
October 12th - NO SCHOOL
October 16th - PTA Carnival/SPIRIT DAY!
October 19th - 2nd Grade students will be CogAT testing this week.
October 23rd - SPIRIT DAY!
October 26th - Red Ribbon Week
October 30th - Dad's Club Campout/SPIRIT DAY!
What Will We Learn Next Week???
- Students will be able to add up to four 2 digits numbers.
- Students will be able to solve multi-step word problems.
- Students will be able to write a word problem when given an equation.
Language Arts (including Social Studies):
- Students will be able to compare different versions of the same story in traditional and contemporary folktales with respect to their characters, settings, and plots.
- Students will be able to revise drafts by adding or deleting words, phrases, or sentences.
- Students will be able to edit drafts for grammar and punctuation.
- Students will be able to spell r-controlled words.
- Students will be able to describe how weather patterns and seasonal patterns affect activities and settlement patterns.
- Students will be able to combine materials that when put together can do things they cannot do themselves such as building a tower or a bridge and justify the selection of those materials based on their physical properties.
At the beginning of every month we check in with iStation to see how we are growing. This is a great tool that the kids can use at home to help them be successful.
Congratulations to Shayan for completing his challenge in Xtra Math!
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Watermelon
Favorite Sport: Soccer
Favorite Subject: Reading
Favorite Animal: Dog
If I could go on vacation anywhere I would go to: Florida
Someone I admire is: My brother
I think I am special because: I am very good at math!
Last Minute Items:
- Make sure to follow us on Twitter @lvisegcisd and @bestexans! There have been many amazing classroom moments captured and posted on Twitter this week! You can also search for us on Twitter by using the hashtag #visewildthings
- Don't forget to sign up for Remind 101 for text message reminders! To receive messages via text, text @mrsvise1 to 81010. You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @mrsvise1'.
- Please remember to get your background check done. Every volunteer and/or adult planning to attend a field trip need to have this completed. It takes 10 days to process. Thank you for doing this in a timely manner.
- Don't forget that you can access our grade level homework, In a Snap words, and our curriculum anytime on our website.