Friday Flight Plan
September 10, 2021
- Monday, September 13th - Hawk Olympics Opening Ceremony
- (THIS EVENT WILL BE HELD ON THE BASEBALL FIELD ADJACENT TO OUR CAMPUS starting at 1:15 PM) If you need to pick your student up early on Monday, please arrive prior to 12:45 PM due to logistics!)
- Monday, September 13th - Spirit Week - "Merica" Monday
- Monday, September 13th - 6th & 7th Grade Girls' Basketball Try-outs from 2:45 - 4:15 pm
- Tuesday, September 14th - 4th Grade Health Screenings in the Clinic
- Tuesday, September 14th - Spirit Week - Throwback Tuesday
- Tuesday, September 14th - 6th & 7th Grade Boys' Basketball Try-outs from 2:45 - 4:15 pm
- Wednesday, September 15th - 6th Grade Health Screenings in the Clinic
- Wednesday, September 15th - Spirit Week - Wacky Wednesday
- Thursday, September 16th - Spirit Week - House Threads (House Shirts)
- Friday, September 17th - 4th Grade Family Gathering - come to Breakfast with your student from 7:00 - 7:25 am and then stay for class presentations 7:45 - 8:30 am
- Friday, September 17th - Spirit Week - Fan Friday
All CGIS events can be accessed via our school website!
Yearbooks are on sale!
EARLY BIRD Introductory Price: $33 (Sale Ends 10/4/21)
2021 Price: $35.00
2022 Price: $37.00
Your CGIS Hawk received a yearbook order for in their September 3rd's Friday Folder.
HOW DO I ORDER?
- Cash or Check written to CGIS - Please return the bottom portion of the order form along with payment to your child's homeroom teacher.
- Enjoy the the easy of a paperless order placement by using this link:
Yearbooks are a timeless way to keep record of the faces inside the place you call your school home. This year's THE HAWK WAY is one you won't want to miss adding to your forever library.
This year's 2021-22 yearbook staff will be busily curating Coulter Grove at its finest!
Hurry and grab your yearbook NOW as the price increases to $35 after 10/4/21! Celebrate your legacy and order THE HAWK WAY today!
A Note from Officer Hall
CGIS Coronavirus Weekly Update
We have made the decision at CGIS to provide information below weekly so each family can know our school wide status and can make the best informed decisions for your children/students as we move through the school year. It is our hope to be transparent with the information we have but at the same time, prioritize our students' need to be educated, connect with one another and support their social and emotional needs as well as depend upon health care providers for health care decisions of staff and students. For more information, refer to MCS District COVID update at the following link: https://www.maryville-schools.org/central-office/coordinated-school-health/2021-22-covid-19
Here is the schoolwide information specific to CGIS for this week:
· Number of reported positive CGIS student cases this week- 12
· Number of reported positive student cases in school at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other CGIS students and staff due to close contact tracing (outside of household contacts) - 0
· Number of positive staff cases at CGIS this week that impacted school attendance of other students or staff due to close contact tracing- 0
Clusters identified (two or more students or staff members in one class) and communicated this week- 3- Mr. Howe's HR in 5th grade, Mr. Harveston's HR in 5th grade and Mr. Miller's HR in 6th grade.
We are grateful for your support and will certainly be responsive and include more information if there are identified clusters or upticks in our cases at CGIS.
Dr. Ramona Best, Principal
Dr. Best's Launch into the weekend
We began a school-wide end of day launch routine this week. It is our desire for our students be a part of our school community, have a sense of belonging in this place and carry over those positive relationships and life skills into our community, with the goal of making the world a better place!
In this House… We believe that we will SOAR.
We are committed. We have integrity. We show perseverance.
We strive for excellence. We give effort.
We are determined. We are courageous.
We are leaders.
Because, we are the Hawks and we SOAR.
We are Maryville.
Go into the world and share our shine!