Alexa Villa--World Geography--11/9/14
- 75% to 85% of the population are Roman Catholic
- 15% to 25% of the population is Christian
Spanish is the official language of Panama. Apart from Spanish, they also speak English
Customs / Traditions
- Dia de los Tres Reyes Magos
- Salsa, Merengue, bachata, Pop, Rock en Español, US hits, tipico folkloric music, reggae, reggaeton, cumbia, vallenato, samba, jazz, and classical music are all widely listened to by this population.
- Typical Panamanian foods are maize, rice, wheat flour, beef, chicken, pork and seafood.
What some of the Panamanian do for a living is to be a freelancer, start their own business, become property managers, have corporate jobs, or be an English teacher
Holidays / Festivals
- Maundy Thursday
- This day celebrates the final meal of Jesus Christ with his apostles in the Cenacle, just before his Passion.
- It is celebrated on April 2.