Food Group Project: Fruits
Miykael Fontaine, Morgan Waters,
What are the daily serving requirements?
For females and males our age (13) the daily requirements are 1 and 1/2 cups of fruit each day.
What are the serving sizes for several different foods in our group?
- Apple- 1/2 of a sliced, cooked, or chopped apple
- Banana- 1 six inch long banana
- Plum- 1 large plum
What nutrients does your food group provide?
Potassium, Dietary fiber, Vitamin C, and Folate
What are the benefits in your food group?
- Reduce heart disease and stroke
- Defend against certain cancers
- Reduce risk of developing kidney stone
Tips for choosing the best foods from your group.
- Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table, counter, or in the refrigerator
- Buy fruit that are dried, canned, or frozen
So What? Who cares?
It provides you with the many fibers and nutrients that are essential for your body so that you can function properly. Also, it allows you to perform at your maximum ability.