Walker Bulldog News
March 26, 2021
On April 6, we look forward to welcoming some of our students back in the buidling. The building has been freshly painted, classrooms have been set up to accommodate social distancing guidelines, our ventilation system has been enhanced, and consistent sanitizing and disinfecting contribute to a safer building. Please remember that students are required to wear face masks as well as their school uniform.
Please enjoy the time off as you take this opportunity to rest and recharge. Students, parents, and staff have worked so very hard this year, and this break is well deserved. As we consider possibilities of each new blossom of spring, enjoy and embrace the hope which defines this beautiful season.
All the best,
Ms. Amanda Venengonia, Principal
Mrs. Sara Leone, Associate Principal
Mark Your Calendars
March 26: Dave DiNaso's Traveling World of Reptiles at 9:00 AM; break begins at 3:00 PM
March 29-April 2: Spring Break
April 5: No School Easter Monday
April 6: Classes resume; Onsite, Online Learning begins
April 12: Board of Education Meeting at 6:00 PM
Dave DiNaso's Traveling World of Reptiles
Reminders for Onsite Online Learning
- Charge Chromebook/IPad the night before.
- Certify students with Crisis Go (via app or email) as early as 6:00 AM.
- School uniform and masks are to be worn.
- Bring needed supplies, device, charger, and water bottle to school.
- Bus riders enter at Door 2.
- Walkers enter at Door 1. Parents can drop off students in the front of the building.
- Students will wait, socially distant, in the gym until school starts.
- Student will be issued the a lunch and breakfast to take home prior to leaving for the day.
- Students can be picked up at 10:20 AM by Door 1, if driving please remain in your car, and we will bring your child to you.
Please call the office with any and all questions. We are here to help make this process as smooth as possible.
Please complete by March 26, if electing to use transportation services.
Outside, Inside by Leuyen Pham
Something strange happened on an unremarkable day just before the season changed. Everybody who was outside...
Outside, it was quieter, wilder, and different. Inside, we laughed, we cried, and we grew.
We remembered to protect the ones we love and love the ones who protect us.
While the world changed outside, we became stronger on the inside and believed that someday soon spring would come again.
Are you traveling over break?
Nurse Bianca's Notes
Hello parents and students,
A few things I wanted to bring to your attention as we prepare for on-site remote learning.As always make sure to send updated medical documents to school to keep your child's health file in good standing. If your student is missing a required medical form, the nurse would have reached out to you my mail, phone and/or email.
- This week Walker will be sending home a letter to remind parents of students who may be traveling over spring break about travel guidelines as reported by IDPH and the CDC. Please keep in mind if your student travels, Walker needs to be informed, specifically the nurse. Your student may need to quarantine up to 14 days while attending school remotely until the end of their quarantine. Specific guidelines will be explained when you notify the school nurse.
- Download the Crisis Go app on your smartphone. Every parent must certify their student before he or she enters the building every day. This is Walker's way to ensure every student who enters the building does not present with Covid-19 like symptoms, is not a confirmed Covid-19 positive case, and/or did not have a known exposure to a confirmed positive case of Covid-19. Each student will be checked to ensure he or she is safe to enter the building.
- Please continue to familiarize yourself with the Illinois Department of Public Health's safety guidelines for school reopening as these guidelines change frequently. The nurses in the district will be using these guidelines to determine the safety of all our students and staff that come into the building.
- Please practice with your child how to properly wear a mask as well as discuss its importance, while attending on-site remote learning.
- Our dental bus will be returning in April. Two locations on different days have been assigned to allow families easy access to this wonderful and FREE resource. If your child is missing a current dental exam or if you would like to plan for the following school year, this is a great resource to take advantage of. I will make you aware of when the dates become available and if appointments will be needed.
- Lastly, as always make sure to send updated medical documents to school to keep your child's health file in good standing. If your student is missing a required medical form, the nurse would have reached out to you my mail, phone and/or email.
Thank you for all your cooperation as we try to provide the best and safest learning environment for your child.
Bianca Vazquez MSN, RN, PEL-CSN