TIGER TOWN NEWSLETTER
September 1, 2023
CENTRAL AVENUE SCHOOL
Welcome Back CAS Students, Teachers and Staff!
School starts Tuesday, September 5th! Our school has a new roof and is ready for the students! The CAS PTO is looking forward to a wonderful school year!
Things to know this week:
- Don’t forget to add lunch money for our cafeteria! Visit Pay School Central - www.payschoolcentral.com (and check out the Pomptonian lunch menu for month of September at fdmealplanner.com). Click here for additional info on our Food Service.
- Elementary Letter Day Schedule 2023-2024
- CAS Yearly Calendar CAS 23-24 Calendar of Events
- Please complete the Arrival & Dismissal Form for the first day of school
- Read the Idle Free School Policy
Chalk the Walk
Help get the CAS sidewalks ready for the big day! Come Chalk the Walk on Monday, September 4th from 6-7:30pm. Feel free to bring chalk and optional gloves to help keep your hands clean. Text David Duran at 973.610.5607 or email email@example.com with any questions.
PTO DUES - HELP SUPPORT CAS
PTO dues support activities including monthly assemblies, enrichment programs, and teacher appreciation and supplies to name a few. The suggested amount is $40 (more or less as your circumstances allow). You can pay online here or via Venmo @CASPTO
Mums Sale begins next Fri 9/8/2023
It is almost time to pre-order mums to help support all the wonderful extracurricular activities and programs here at CAS! Mums come in various different colors and cost $10 each. If you don’t want to purchase for your home, you can even select to donate to CAS and we will plant them and beautify our school grounds! Pick up will be September 27th at CAS!
New Families, Welcome to Central Avenue School!
New families are welcome to join us at an informal coffee meet up! Check out the flyer below!
I Scream! You Scream! We All Scream for Ice Cream!
I Scream! You Scream! We all Scream for Ice Cream! The CAS PTO will be hosting an Ice Cream Social on Friday, September 29th from 5:30pm - 7:30pm. A very casual event, with teachers scooping ice cream, kids playing on the playground and families meeting their child(ren)’s new classmates. Please see the below flyer for more details.
Pre-Registration will open Friday, September 15 at 5pm. Attendance at this event will be capped for safety reasons. Therefore, we have the potential to sell out.
Show your CAS Spirit!
Select CAS spirit wear will be sold in-person at Back to School Night (9/28) and the Ice Cream Social (9/29)! An online sale with additional styles will be available soon!
Get Involved - Volunteer!
Want to know how to help volunteer in your child’s school?
Here are some opportunities for you to join:
As a volunteer, you get the wonderful experience of seeing the students in school and working with our Librarian Mr. Paradiso.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
CAS LEARNING GARDEN
The Learning Garden committee has been busy over the summer preparing the garden for the students and staff of CAS.
What is the CAS Learning Garden?
Created in 2015, the CAS Learning Garden is an outdoor, interactive classroom that is enjoyed and cared for by all students and teachers at CAS, who each have the exciting opportunity to plant organic vegetables and enjoy harvesting and then best of all, tasting them!
We need your help! Please sign up as a parent volunteer to help in the garden and assist the students and teachers during their visit. We also need volunteers to help with weeding and watering throughout the year.
If you would like to be part of the Learning Garden Committee for the 2023-24 school year, please complete this google form below:
Volunteer Sign-Up: https://forms.gle/Ut8zzSnbKRnauHbo8
We can’t wait to see you all back in the garden!
~ Carol Heitzmann & Caroline Hughes email@example.com
LUNCH VOLUNTEERS NEEDED THIS FALL!
Fall sign ups are now open! Volunteering during lunch is a great way to see your children in their school-day habitat. Parent volunteers assist in opening up lunch items, keeping the lunch lines moving, and ensuring the students clean up after themselves. Lunch begins at 11:15am and ends at 12:45pm.
Click here to sign-up: CAS Lunch Volunteer Sign Up - Fall 2023
A few special thank yous:
- Mr. Liss, Mrs. Barretti, and Ms. Kelly: thank you for continued work all summer long to ensure a smooth transition for our students to return for the school year
- Artistic Landscaping: for cleaning out and creating our new inner courtyard! Stay tuned for an opportunity in the fall to be able to see the new area!
- Jennifer Daley for all of her hard work for our courtyard. She coordinated the paver sale, worked with our vendors, and even put together the benches which will be displayed in the courtyard!
- Rachel Currie and Snheha Malholtra (Welcome Team): Thank you for getting our new families ready for the school year in a new school!
- Marisa Huthwaite and Christine O’Brien (Kindergarten Meet Up Team) held two “playground and popsicle meetups” this summer to help cut down on any nervous jitters for our new students
- David Duran: for tirelessly working on our website to ensure all information is available to our families in a clear and concise manner
- Our custodian team, Mike Del Vecchio, Leslie Quiroa, Fausto Avalos, and Michael Harding who had a lot of heavy lifting (literally) this summer getting CAS spic and span!
- Thank you to our wonderful teachers and staff for all you have done to get our classrooms and students ready for the new year!! The PTO hosted a Welcome Back luncheon for our staff this week as a way to say thank you!!!
- And thank you to many others! Your help has not gone unnoticed.
Get your MEF Fall Gala tickets before it's too late! SALE ENDS TODAY!
The deadline to buy tickets for "A Roaring 20th Anniversary Celebration of the Madison Education Foundation" is TODAY! ONLY WITH YOUR SUPPORT can we continue funding MEF grants in our schools that help teachers and students thrive. Buy your tickets HERE!