Friday, February 15, 2018
School Counselor Survey
From Mrs. Lewis...
- Join us for our SHMS Annual Cultural Pot Luck on February 28, 2019. You may begin to sign up in the teacher lounge starting on February 18, 2019. See Ms. Laws or Mr. Dunham for details/questions.
- SCS will be undergoing an Accreditation Process for the next 5 years (Strategic Goals of District) beginning the 2019-20 school year. Student Engagement (most important) will be a focus of the committee that comes to visit. #startplanningahead
- From this point forward, Chromebooks will not be used in ISS. Please send hard copies of assignments for students to complete.
- On Friday, Feb. 22, the Scotland County Sherriff's Department will be conducting a training exercise at our school. Police Cars will be on campus. Please share that this is JUST an exercise.
- Please welcome Berlinda Bruce, new 8th Grade ELA teacher. Ms. Bruce will be observing and acclimating this week. Give her a SHMS welcome!
- The building opens at 6:30am each morning. Please avoid entering before then so that the alarm is not activated.
- Parent-Teacher Conferences on Thursday, lunch provided. Be sure to keep conferences on schedule (Place sign on door that says knock at your appt time, ensure rooms are tidy, welcoming and clean. If your room needs attention, please see your custodian.) Schedule provided.
- On Friday, Required PD day at specific locations. See E. Johnson for more details. Please arrive on time.
- Our next SIT meeting will be held on Feb 25. Anyone that has concerns, give to your SIT Rep (Carter, Quick, Houston, Spencer)
- Healthy School Meeting with specific members - E. Johnson's room 2/21 from 1 - 2 pm
- Coaches / Play Practices / Clubs that are held after school...please know that you have snacks available to you for free. See Mrs. Amanda in the cafeteria if you are interested.
- COACHES: Please remember you are responsible for your athletes after practice. Students must be supervised at all times until parent pick up.
- If you have not already entered your retention students in the link provided, please do so. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TMiBF2ZjG6i9O5FFvkGVPTvZTqcfnkbMvTFRzo36h3w/edit?usp=sharing
- NCCAT provides teachers with new knowledge, skills, teaching methods, best practices and information to take back to their classrooms and students. Click here to complete an application for summer sessions.
- Thank you to Ruth Ann Harris, Leigh Carter and Beth Tippett for keeping our Facebook, Instagram and school webpages up-to-date!
- Kudos to Ms. Audrey for purchasing and organizing our Valentine's Breakfast!
- Thank you to the Elective Team for providing coverage when needed. We really appreciate your willingness to help out when needed!
- Shout out to Mrs. Houston for getting all of her students to return their overdue library books! Your vigilance is greatly appreciated.
- February 18 - Student Support Group Meeting 3:45 (Conference Room) Spartan Move, Project Pink & SHMS Step Team teachers
- February 19 - NCSIP meeting with Brenda Coronato (Ms. E. Johnson's Office) 3:45pm
- February 20 - Co-Teaching Session for EC / Math Teachers (Same locations Chevalier, Carter, Griswold)
February 20 - Safety Team Meeting in media center
February 20 - March 4- Book Fair
February 21 - ½ day for students/Parent-Teacher Conference
February 21 - Healthy School Initiative Mtg
February 22 - All Day Professional Development (No school for students)
- Feb 25 - SIT Meeting (Bring Data)
February 26- CLUBS
February 28 - Black History Program
February 28 - Progress Reports
March 1- TLC
March 2 - Open Gym
March 4 - Staff Meeting
March 4 - 8 National School Social Worker Week
March 6 - PBIS Celebration
March 8 - TLC
March 12 - CLUBS
March 13- Wacky Wednesday
March 14 - TLC
March 14 - Curriculum Night
Upcoming Testing Windows:
- 3rd Quarter Benchmarks: March 20-April 2
- ELA Writing Assessments April 1-18
- 4th Common Assessment/Mock EOG April 30-May 3
- EOGs May 24-June 7