Ms. Tidwell's 1st Grade News
This Friday-November Reading Logs DUE
This Friday-Book Order DUE
December 15-PTA Holiday Shoppe opens
December 15-L. D. Bell System performs @ 8:30
December 18- CJH Band performs @ 9:45
December 18-Santa visits @ 10:45
December 18-1st grade Classroom parties @ 2:00
December 18-Six Flags Reading Logs DUE
December 18-PTA Holiday Shoppe Closes
December 18 CJH Choir Perfroms @1:00
December 18-1st grade International Polar Express, students can wear pj's!!
What We're Learning
- Math-Money (coins), practice counting by 5's
- Reading-Main Idea and Asking Questions
- Writing-Letter Writing and using elaborate details
- Social Studies-Winter Celebrations
- December Reading Logs are DUE
- Students should be reading a minimum of 20 minutes nightly.
- In Math, we are counting coins. You can help your child by allowing them to practice at home. Have them practice counting by 5's, practice by counting your pocket change & ask your student about eyelashes and eyeballs! :)
- Information about our 1st grade Christmas party went home on Monday and Wednesday. Please read over that information & students can begin bringing their wrapped book at any time.
- If you would like to help at the party, remember you must have an updated background check.
- Six Flags reading logs are DUE December 18th!
- Students should be working on SWAP word list 2, if not higher. Remember to practice, practice, practice at home & write a note in your child's MOOSE when they are ready to be tested.