The Dos and Don'ts of the Internet
What You SHOULD Do
- Address all emails and correspondences politely.
- Reply to all emails in a timely manner.
- When participating in online discussions, use polite words, be cordial, and accept that others do not always see things the way you do.
- Give credit where credit is due: always link to someone's work when using it online for a blog post, video, or slideshow and always cite sources you get information from on the internet.
What You SHOULD NOT Do
- Never write in all caps: it means you are shouting at the person reading. (Except for emphasis-that's okay.)
- Never ignore an email from someone.
- Never become argumentative or insulting in a discussion forum.
- Never use obscene language or references in a discussion forum.
- Never use someone else's work without giving them credit for it.