"Bobcat PRIDE" Parent News
Who We Are
Mission: The community of Sunset Valley will educate our students to achieve their highest standards of performance by engaging them in exceptional opportunities.
Vision: To create an optimal learning experience that promotes ongoing collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and communication with students, teachers, parents, and community members for the success of all students.
The survey has been open since November 2, 2018. We have only had 67 responses to date.
Important Events in March & April
April 16-23 - PTA Popcorn fundraiser
April 18 - PTA Spirit Night at Chuck E Cheese 3:00 - 9:00 pm
April 19 - No School/Bad Weather Make-up Day
April 20 - Deadline for Yearbook Sales
April 22 - 3rd & 4th grade Author visit
April 25 - 4th grade Play Day
April 27 - Letterland Day
The birds are singing, there is a hint of green and many of the trees are in bloom! Can you tell I'm a warm weather person? Don't you just love Spring?
I will be returning to campus on Monday, April 22nd. I look forward to seeing everyone.
Thank you all for your continued support. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
Book Drive April 15 - May 6
In honor of National Library Month, Keller ISD schools are collecting new and gently used books for our Summer Book Bus. Last year several Librarians drove our Book Bus around Keller ISD areas and allowed kids to get books for free over the summer and we will be doing the same thing this year! If you have any books that you would like to donate, please bring them to Mrs. Bennett. We will be collecting them through the end of April and first part of May.
Tracie Bennett | Library Media Technology Specialist
Sunset Valley Elementary School
Phone: 817-743-8222 | Fax: 817-743-8238
3rd & 4th Grade Author Visit April 22
PTA Popcron fundraiser
SVES PTA Presents....
Order your Yearbook TODAY
Ready to order the 2018-19 Yearbook? It's fast and easy AND you can add pictures to make it even more special.
- Just go to www.treering.com/validate
- Enter our passcode: 101503351325337
- Deadline to order is April 20, 2019
- Cost: $20.00
Letterland Day, Saturday, April 27th
- Letterland Day - Saturday, April 27th from 10 am - 1 pm at KISD Football Stadium. Come enjoy meeting some of the Letterland characters, playing games, and more. This event is free for all KISD families with the option to purchase food. The school with the most participation will win 25 Chromebooks, be names Letterland campus of the year, and be visited by Vickie Violet!
SVES Lunch Menu
Ready to Become a Watch Dog?
- Submit your Volunteer Application through the following website -http://www.applitrack.com/kellerisd/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Volunteers . When under the "Volunteer Form" job listing, click "Apply for this Position" to begin filling out the form.
- Once your application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation via the email address you provided in the application process. You only need to apply one time a school year.
- Email our counselor Jennifer Cowen to let her know that you received your confirmation email. Her email is Jennifer.Cowen@kellerisd.net
- Mrs. Cowen will then send you a link so you can schedule you first day as a Watch Dog Dad!
See you in the hallways and classrooms!! :)
DOWNLOAD NEW KELLER ISD MOBILE APP TODAY
Keller ISD is pleased to announce our new mobile app, designed specifically to keep families better informed and connected to what's going on in our schools.
The new KISD mobile app is now available for both Apple and Android devices.
The app will deliver real-time school news to a smart-device for fast, up-to-date access. Features of the app include:
- The latest district and school news
- Push notifications about breaking news, closures, weather, events, and more
- Photos from school events
- Maps with school locations, phone numbers, and staff information.
Parents can log into the app using their Home Access Center (HAC)username and password. Having trouble logging in? All parents are required to re-register their HAC accounts for the new school year. Logins from previous years will no longer work.
The app is FREE and available for download today. Just follow these steps:
- From a smart-device, go to the iTunes App Store® or Google Play®
- Search "Keller ISD"
- The select the "Keller ISD" app for free download.
Keller ISD's new mobile app is just a few taps away. Download it today!
Free & Reduced Lunch Application
हामी तपाईंको पात्रताको लाभ लागू गर्न र तपाईंको योग्यता लाभहरू ट्रयाक गर्न नयाँ र सुधारिएको तरिका प्रदान गर्न उत्साहित छौं - यो विद्यालयकैफे योग्यता भनिन्छ। तलको लिङ्कले तपाईंलाई सिधा स्कूल कैफेमा ल्याउनेछ ताकि तपाईं नि: शुल्क वा कम लंचको मूल्यका लागि आवेदन गर्न सक्नुहुनेछ - https://freeandreduced.kellerisd.net/Register.aspx
Sunset Valley Club Information
- 3rd - 4th grade: Spring Session will begin on January 15. Meets every Tuesday from 3:10-4:10. Sign ups will be done through a Google form.
Bitty Bobcat Book Club - Tracie.Bennett@kellerisd.net
- SVES Librarian, Tracie Bennett invites 3 and 4 year old children to join her in the library for story time. This club meets once a month on Mondays. Please check our school calendar for exact dates.
Coding Club - Tracie.Bennett@kellerisd.net
- Starting October 2 - 2nd-4th grade students meet in the library on Tuesdays from 7:15-7:45.
Running Club - Joe.Dunson@kellerisd.net
- Starting October 1st - Meets every Monday (weather permitting) from 3:10-3:50 on the east side of the building.
- If the # of runners grows to the point that management or safety becomes a concern, additional students will be placed on a waiting list.
Ready to Become a Member of the SVES PTA? Help us reach 100% Membership!
Online memberships are quick and easy! As we start the new PTA year we'd like to offer you the ability to sign up or renew your membership online at http://www.joinpta.org/
For just $10 per membership, you can create a voice for every child!
- Feel you don't have time? No worries. Being a member of PTA doesn't require your time, however we do have volunteer, chair, and board positions available! Please email us email@example.com if you are interested.
- Not a Sunset Valley Elementary parent? That's ok too!! Grandparents, neighbors and friends can join as well! A voice for a child is still a voice for a child...having a community backing our youth is backing our FUTURE! JOIN US!
Please Follow us on Facebook to get the latest SVES PTA news and updates!
Our PTA does so many events and programs to support our students and amazing teachers! Help us reach our goal of 1 voice for every child!!
Thank you for your support!SVES PTA
SVES PTA को एक सदस्य बनने को लागि तैयार? हामीलाई 100% सदस्यता पुग्न मद्दत गर्नुहोस्!
अनलाइन सदस्यता छिटो र सजिलो छ! हामीले नयाँ PTA वर्ष सुरु गर्यौं हामी तपाइँलाई तपाइँको सदस्यता ऑनलाइन अनलाइन साइन अप वा नवीकरण गर्ने क्षमता प्रदान गर्दछौं http://www.joinpta.org/
प्रति सदस्यतामा केवल 10 डलरको लागि, तपाइँ हरेक बालबालिकाको लागि आवाज सिर्जना गर्न सक्नुहुनेछ!
गुगल द्वारा अनुवाद गरिएको
Vendors & Sponsors Needed
- Spring Carnival - May 3 from 6-8 pm
Each event is $25 and a we ask that you also provide a donated raffle item.
Please fill out form and follow steps to participate.
Be Sure and Check us Out on these Social Media sites
text @9bc72 to 81010
You can also use the following link to sign up: https://remind.com/join/9bc72
Sunset Valley Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Sunset Valley Elementary
The Sunset Valley Elementary School VISION is to create an optimal learning experience that promotes ongoing collaboration, creativity, critical thinking and communication with students, teachers, parents, and community members for the success of all students.
We are proud to be the twenty-third elementary campus in KellerISD and the newest member of Panther Pride. It is an exhilarating time for the students, families, and teachers/staff of SVES. We truly are a “brand new” community, and I know we are all ready to build a school community like no other. We look forward to working together to give our students the very best education and to help prepare them for a bright future. We want every student to be healthy, happy, safe, engaged, supported, and challenged. We pledge to be “Intentionally Exceptional"!