News You Can Use on August 12, 2021
Welcome to the New School Year!
Hello Larson Families,
I hope you all are enjoying the final days of summer break and that you and your children are ready for a fantastic school year!
The staff have returned to school, and they are working hard to get their classrooms ready for opening day. School starts for grades 1-5 on August 18th and our Kindergarteners first day is August 25th.
Our Cookie Social is on Tuesday, August 17th from 5-6:30 pm. This a quick meet and greet to look at class rosters, meet your teacher and grab a cookie. Please DO NOT bring school supplies, we are planning to meet in the bus loop and classrooms will not be open. We are hoping to have a more traditional Open House event in September where you can visit the classrooms and teachers at that time.
Larson’s updated Mitigation Plan will be posted on the website on August 16th. Visit our website by clicking here: https://www.matsuk12.us/Page/3945.
The District’s Health Advisory Team will continue to work with schools regarding Covid cases. You will be notified if your child is considered a close contact. All operational zones (Green, Yellow and Red) will be determined by the Health Advisory Team and posted on the district website.
School Activities: We are starting off with Cross Country running for 4th & 5th graders. More information will be sent home from Coach Foster once school is underway. As we progress through the year, and as long as we are in the Green Operational Zone we will proceed with our clubs, activities, and musical performances as normal. The District and Larson Site Mitigation plans, will provide you with more details of what you can expect, should we move into the Yellow or Red Operational Zones.
Below is a basic list of information you will need as we begin the school year; some things have changed, and some remain the same as last year. As always if you have questions, please give us a call at 907-352-2300.
- School Day: 9:15am-3:45pm
- School Doors Open at 9:00am.
- Students are not allowed to be dropped off or enter the building prior to 9:00 am.
- Doors are unlocked from 9:00am-9:25am and again from 3:30pm-3:55pm during arrival and dismissal.
- Doors remain locked during the day and entry is by use of our doorbell.
* Parents may escort students to classrooms on the first day of school. Parents plan to leave your student in the hallway outside of the classroom.
* Front Doors to the building will NOT open until 9:00. Please park and remain in your car until 9:05 due to other parents dropping off on the curb. We always have staff posted on the crosswalk to help with safety.
* On the first day: visitors may be in the building for 15 minutes or less.
* Our school day ends at 3:45pm this year.
* Curbside dismissal will begin at 3:40pm.
* After the first day; it is the expectation that all students will either be dropped off at the curb or will ride the bus.
*All visits (after the first day) must be prearranged and will not last more than 15 minutes
- Pick Up is on the curb side by using our School Dismissal Manager. (see flyer below)
- Transportation has scheduled our busses to leave at 3:55pm this year.
- Masks are recommended but not required.
- Personal supplies are NOT to be shared. Please label all personal items.
- Students will continue to walk on the right side of the hallway and social distance as appropriate. High Fives are still suspended, but air fives and friendly smiles are always welcome!
- Handwashing routines will remain in place.
- Water fountains remain BOTTLE FILLING stations, students are encouraged to bring a water bottle or cup, labeled with their name.
- Students will be rotating between PE, Music and Library. (A,B,C Rotation).
- Anyone wishing to Volunteer, must fill out the appropriate district paperwork and gain approval from the principal.
- School Newsletters will be sent out the second week of the month.
- Please let your child’s teacher know if they will be getting breakfast regularly
- Breakfast will once again be delivered to classrooms
- For late students; breakfast will not be available after 9:45 am
- Lunches will once again be delivered to the classrooms.
- Students will wash hands prior to eating.
- Students are asked to keep their eating area clean.
- If sending a lunch from home, please pack items that students can open independently.
- Microwaves and refrigerators are NOT available.
- Students MAY NOT share foods or drinks.
It is going to be an amazing year! Our entire staff is excited to see students and get them motivated for success. We hope to see you at the Cookie Social and kick off the year on a positive note!
Beckie Murphy, Principal