RAZ Plus & Splash Math
Reading A-Z and Kids A-Z
RAZ Plus (K-3 teachers )
Around December 14th, K-3 teachers should've received an email from Learning A-Z saying that your accounts have been activated. If there are any 4th-5th teachers that feel you have some students that could benefit from the program, please let me know and I can pair you with a K-3 class. In the email it will have your username and password to log in. You have acccess to two different sites and they offer two different resources for your classrooms.
Reading A-Z http://www.readinga-z.com
- A variety of leveled texts, reading lessons, decodable books, reading worksheets and assessments that are aligned to Common Core.
- Fluency passages to improve reading rate, accuracy, and expression.
- Phonological awareness and phonics lessons, flashcards, and worksheets
- Vocabulary Books, graphic organizers, word sorts and other vocabulary resources.
RAZ-Kids http://www/raz-kids.com (iPad App in self service)
- Students can listen to ebooks for modeled fluency, read books for practice, and then record themselves reading so teachers can monitor progress (teachers have access to listen to their recordings)
- Every leveled ebook has an accompanying eQuiz to test reading comprehension,
- Books include Spanish, Songs, Poetry and more
- Parents can download the app and students can practice at home
- Students have access to "RAZ Rocket" which motivates students about reading and strengthens the school-to-home connection
Teachers, I will be staying after school Tuesday, January 17th until 4:30 if you need help setting up your class rosters or to give you a tutorial of the program. Please let me know in advance if you will be coming.
Splash Math K-5
On January 5th, you should've received an email from Dan Jacob with your username and password already set up. To get started with Splash Math you will have to:
- Log on Splash Math- Visit splashmath.com and sign is as teacher. ("Sign In" button is on the top right)
- Create Classroom and add Students
- Download and Distribute Student logins (if you already have login cards in your classroom, just add it there)
- Get students to log in to Splash Math
- Start by assigning practice to students.
I have attached the PDF tutorial to help with the steps above. I am also available to help set up your classes and answer any questions. I am able to meet as a grade level or meet on a individual basis.
Splash Math HELP GUIDE