News for the HRRS/Juan Diego Academy Community
Principal's Message - April 27th
We are ramping up for our biggest fundraiser of the year. The Gala (Celebración) is critical to us being able to fulfill our mission of making Catholic education available to all who seek it. The one night event, held here at the school, needs to raise close to $200,000 to support financial assistance to our families. We need your help to make this event a success. This year, we have been blessed to receive a matching grant. What does this mean? It means that ALL donations to our fund-a-need (tuition assistance) will be DOUBLED!! No donation is too small!! Even $10 can be doubled to $20. It's so easy to do. Just choose one of these options:
1) Complete the slip of paper in your Wednesday mailer this week and attach a payment to that. Just send it back to the office.
2) Go to our website and click on the "Donate Now" link in the top, right corner of the home page. From there, just select "Tuition Assistance" as the "Campaign" in the drop-down menu.
3) Drop by the office and Berenice can assist you with processing your payment.
Please consider a donation. All donations are tax deductible. We really need everyone's help to make sure that all children can be a part of our Holy Rosary community. Let's send a message that we care about all of our children and value this wonderful gift! Thank you, in advance, for your support!
Have a great week!
Important Reminders for this Week!!
- Thursday - All School Mass at 9:00 am.
- Friday - Jamba Juice Sale after School.
- Friday - 5th/6th Graders Return from Camp Hamilton!!
- Saturday - Spring Fling from 5 pm - 8 pm. Spring fling tickets are for sale in the office for Saturday's dance. $5 in advance, $7 at the door. Kids two and under are free. CASH or CHECK only
The Finished Product: An Earth Day Bag!!
Cutting up T-Shirts for the Earth Day Project
Señora Farias and Ms. Dempsey Represent HRRS at the Holy Family Kirkland Auction!
Development News: Gala 2016!!
Development News: Gala 2016!
Our annual gala fundraising dinner is on May 7th. Last week we sent out a flyer and information sheet about purchasing Gala tickets. If you can't attend this fundraiser please consider a raise-the-paddle donation. We are very excited to announce this year that we have secured matching funds, so all donations will be matched dollar for dollar...doubling your money!! This event is our largest fundraiser which makes the gift of Catholic education accessible to all who seek it. We are hoping to meet our fundraising goal of $175,000. If you are interested in sponsoring, purchasing tickets, or want to be of assistance with this event, please contact Sarah at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities Gala:
If you are still looking for volunteer hours, we have opportunities for you with the upcoming Gala on May 7th. We would love help getting ready for this event. Please let us know if you can assist with decoration/event set-up on Thursday evening May 5th, Friday May 6th during the day, and Saturday, May 7th the day of the event. We would also like to put together a group to do post event clean-up on Saturday night, May 7th. The more hands, the quicker it will be complete. Thanks for your willingness to help make this event a success.
Signing up to volunteer for the Gala set-up is easy! Sign up now on VolunteerSpot:http://vols.pt/QjH8mD Also, we need help cleaning up after the event. Here is the link:http://vols.pt/deejDL
We Love our Volunteers!! Thank You!!
Thank You to:
- Mrs. Illich for donating all of the t-shirts for the Earth Day bags!
- Want to help set-up for the Spring Fling? Contact Shannon Hopkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to volunteer to set-up for the Gala, please log on to VolunteerSpot: http://vols.pt/QjH8mD
- If you are available to help with recess from 12:00 - 1 each day, it would really help our teachers!! Contact Berenice at email@example.com to sign up for this. Thank you!!
- The 5th/6th Graders who are away at camp all week!
- Dr. Haggarty (our Superintendent) who had heart surgery last week.
- All who are ill with cancer and other diseases.
- Those who are home-bound.
- All who are homeless in our community and throughout the world.
Hispanic Enrollment in Catholic Schools: Why is it so low?
If you have any questions on curriculum, please email Dr. Bridget Yaden at firstname.lastname@example.org.