Wednesday Nights at 6:30pm - (Age 3-5th Gr)
AWANA Starts Back Wed. Feb 17th!
New to AWANA? Register Below or on the Church Center App
We accomplish this by:
- Teaching Biblical truth
- Partnering with Parents
- Engaging kids in fun and safe environments
What is AWANA?
"AWANA" stands for: Approved Workman Are Not Ashamed. Our theme verse is 2 Timothy 2:15 "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth."
Age Appropriate Clubs...
Cubbies (Ages 3 & 4): Cubbies® celebrates the spiritual potential of preschoolers by helping them develop respect for God, His Son and His Word. Preschoolers can hardly wait for their next Cubbies club meeting. Whether it's the fun puppets, the exciting games or all their Cubbies friends, they simply love it. At Story Time each week, preschoolers learn about God – the greatness of His love and His Word – and about His Son, Jesus Christ, the promised Savior. Non-competitive games build excitement and reinforce Story Time lesson themes. Cubbies helps you lead your child to God early so your child will respect and trust Him for life.
Sparks (K-2nd Grade): Sparks® ignites the curiosity of early elementary-age kids to learn about the people and events of the Bible, building a foundation of wisdom for knowing Christ. To many children in kindergarten to second grade, Sparks is the highlight of the week! They love their red vests, the exciting games and spending time with leaders and friends. Sparks is divided into three years, each with a unique rank: HangGlider®, WingRunner® and SkyStormer™.
Each year, Sparks clubbers:
- explore the biographies of people of the Bible from a new portion of Scripture
- memorize Bible verses
- complete handbook activities
Truth and Training (3rd -5th): The T&T (Truth & Training) curriculum teaches kids the truth of God's Word, trains them to follow Him and practice His grace. The T&T curriculum is comprised of three handbooks: Grace in Action, Evidence of Grace, and Agents of Grace. Each handbook has 30 sections that contains verses to memorize and activities to complete. These handbooks are designed to be complete one per year.
- HANDBOOKS will cost $10.00 a piece. A handbook is the book each child gets to use to complete various activities for each lesson. It contains Bible study, memory verses, spaces to write and draw in, and prayer guides. Kids are invited to complete the handbook at home, but provisions are made for the kids who cannot complete work at home so that they still can have a meaningful discipleship experience at club.
- HANDBOOK GOAL- Pass one section a week. If your child does this, they will complete a book a year. If they do this K-5th grade, they will complete every AWANA book.
- UNIFORMS include wearing the appropriate vest or shirt and by wearing tennis shoes for game time. (No flip flops, sandals or slip-ons) (See order form below)
Every AWANA night we will end the lasts 5 minutes passing out awards that clubbers have earned that night.
How Can Your Child Earn Points?
During handbook time, your child has the opportunity to earn points. These points will be added together at the end of the each semester for the AWANA store (Christmas and Spring), and can be redeemed for candy and other awesome prizes!
- Attend AWANA on Wednesday Nights
- Attend 252Kids! on Sunday Mornings
- Wear your uniform (shirt and tennis shoes - no flip flops)
- Bring your Bible
- Bring your handbook
- Bring a friend
- Pass sections in handbook by memorizing scripture.
- Everyone who has kids knows it is almost impossible to social distance kids as individuals. So, we will be social distancing each group.
- When kids check-in, they will go straight into their room.
- For Large group time, chairs will be placed right next to each classroom. The chairs are no longer in the middle of the room.
- Each group will be well beyond the 6 ft requirement from another group.
- Kids will not be allowed to get close to kids in another group.
- We will not have the game time rotation this year.
- Within each group, we cannot guarantee social distancing. We will have lysol spray and hand sanitizer available in each class.
- Family units please stay 6ft apart at all times.
- Touch-less check-ins: You will need your Church Center App to check in your child. A barcode will appear for you to scan with the iPads and a name tag for your child will be printed.
- Parents must check-in their children. Children will not be allowed to check themselves in.
- Parents please do not go beyond the check-in stations.
- Pick up your child on the preschool hall. The Preschool hall is "one way". Please exit out the playground doors.
- In an effort to keep our hallways from getting crowded, dismissal will be on the side exit of the Kids room, just before the portico. Please keep 6ft apart as you wait in line.
- Kids names will be called one at a time.
If anyone in your household has ANY symptoms related to Covid-19, please stay home!