Wrightstown Ravens' News
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to all of our families for your ongoing support of your children as we work through Distance Learning. As we continue this journey together, please know that the WES staff and I are here to assist you in any way we can. I encourage you to continue to keep this partnership close and communicate when needed.
In this newsletter you will find the following new information:
- Student Wellness Fridays
- WES Faculty Fridays - video included. Don't miss this!
- There's a Raven in My Window Activity
- Activities from the WES Recess & Cafeteria Team
- Free and Reduced Lunch Information
This week's Wacky Wednesday Spirit Day is a student favorite - Pajama Day! Stay comfy and stay in your pjs! Don't forget to share your pictures on our school picture shared drive.
Directly below is a link to our WES Distance Learning HUB. I encourage you to visit this site for all things related to Distance Learning. This site was created specifically for Wrightstown Elementary to hopefully streamline information for you.
Stay positive! Be well!
Counselor's Corner with Mrs. Jachminski
During our distance learning, there may still be times in which students may need the support of our guidance counselor, Mrs. Jachimski. She is available to help students and their families. You can visit Mrs. Jachimski's Counselor's Corner for resources and her contact information.
Rory's Brain Break Board & Parent Resources
Brain breaks are important and necessary! They help students stay focused and attend to tasks. Designed to help energize and relax students, brain breaks also help students develop perseverance. Check out Rory's Brain Break Board below in addition to a few health and wellness activities.
Updated Each Week with New Activities!
Young, growing brains need lots of breaks during the day to let the learning sink in! Children should take time once or twice an hour to rest their busy brains. Click HERE to find links to some new ideas to keep your child's brain breaks fresh!
WES FAMILIES PHOTO ALBUM - SPREADING KINDNESS!
We love the pictures you have been sharing with us! Please continue to share your PHOTOS as a way that our school community can stay connected during this time. We are encouraging students to practice and demonstrate acts of kindness throughout the day! Be sure to capture these acts of kindness and share them with us! We enjoy posting these photos to the school website and our school Twitter page.
Goodnight WES READ ALOUDS!
Parent Input for the 2020/2021 school Year
We are aware of the importance of setting all students up for success. Our team will continue to build classes that are academically and socially balanced. Your input should focus on your child’s optimal learning environment and response to instructional modalities. If you choose to contribute information, please complete and submit a form by clicking on the following LINK. The deadline for providing this information is Friday, May 1st.
Wacky Wednesdays at WES
Keep it comfy and stay in your PJs!
Dress in your dream profession attire!
Favorite Sports Team
Dress in your favorite sports team apparel!
Your future is so bright! Dress in your brightest colored clothing!
Crazy Hair Day
Express your creativity!
Wear your shades today!
Welcome Summer! Wear your beach/Hawaiian gear!
Have fun and upload your pictures to our Google shared drive!
WES Faculty Fridays!
Distance Learning is hard work! You deserve a break! Take a minute to let the WES Faculty entertain you. Every Friday we will feature a few special guests engage in a new activity.
Our First Friday Activity:
The push up challenge! Which staff members attempted to complete 10 pushups? Can they do it? Watch this VIDEO to find out!
Up next week! May 1st
Staff Secret! Tune in as staff share a secret talent, skill, or fact that you didn’t know!
While Council Rock students are engaged in Distance Learning, the following procedures will be implemented to track student attendance:
- Beginning Monday, April 20, 2020, students/families will be responsible for recording their attendance each day.
- Students will click the link ONCE per day to record their attendance for that day.
- Students are NOT required to record their attendance for each class.
- If a student is absent, parents/guardians can reply to Mrs. Pat Ricciardi at email@example.com to report the absence.
- Each school day, students and / or parents will access the link to the Attendance Form, and enter a valid email address (students are encouraged to use their school address), and their student ID number.
- Attendance is being recorded from 12:00AM to 11:59PM on a school day. Students and parents CANNOT record attendance in advance - this must be completed each day.
- Parents / guardians of multiple CR children MUST complete this Form once for each of their students; students CANNOT be combined into a single record.
- If students do not know their student ID number, families can log into HAC, click the registration icon, click the demographic tab, and in the top left corner is the student ID.
Below is the link that will be provided by WES Attendance Secretary and the Homeroom Teacher: WES Form
Student Wellness Fridays
In order to help promote student wellness, the district is providing optional activities for all grade levels that could be completed individually or with families on Fridays. The activities address the physical health, mental health, and social connectedness of our students. Please click the following link for this week’s student wellness activities: LINK
There's a Raven in My Window
Free and Reduced Lunch
To apply for free lunch during the COVID-19 school closure, you may:
• Download the Free and Reduced Lunch Application, fill it out, and email back to Karen Moody firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT send your application via US mail to the district office as there is no mail being delivered to our buildings during this time.¬¬¬
• Apply online by visiting: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/compass.web/Public/CMPHome (website offers language options other than English)
You will only need to submit one application per household, even if your children attend more than one school in Council Rock School District. Eligibility determination is made using federal income eligibility guidelines and applicants will be informed of a decision within two business days of submission.
Throughout the duration of the COVID-19 school closure, Council Rock School District is offering a “grab and go” food service. If your family qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch, you will be given instructions as to how to access these meals when you are notified your child is eligible.
For questions, please email email@example.com
Having Problems with Technology?
Contact your child's homeroom teacher first. The teacher may be able to resolve the issue or find an alternative way to complete an assignment. If the issue is with regard to a Council Rock Chromebook being broken or not working, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindergarten & NEW 1st Grade Registration
On-Line Registration is now fully open! Please go to the CRSD site at www.crsd.org and click on the Student Registration tab.
You can submit your completed registration by using instructions listed on the site. Once your file is reviewed, we will be in contact to complete the process via e-signature. Please do not forget applications must be submitted by June 1st to guarantee a spot in your student’s home school!
If you have any questions please reach out to our registration department at email@example.com.
PTO News and Information
PTO Update sent - 4/14/2020
Dear WES Families,
We are saddened by last week's news that school will not reopen for the rest of this school year.
Following the news, the PTO board held a virtual meeting to discuss the effects of the the school closure on the PTO. As a result, we are
- Assessing our budget
- Planning how to refund registration fees for Guys Night Out and Designer Bag Bingo
- Looking into options for holding a virtual Science Fair
- Planning to hold the rest this year's PTO meetings virtually
- Figuring out how to hold our officer elections and vote on next year's budget
- Working with Homeroom Parents on what to do with remaining class funds and Spring Fair raffle basket donations (please hold onto everything for now)
- And much more
Please be patient with us as we figure out all of these details. Just like our teachers and staff, we are trying to figure out how to best serve our school community while assisting our children with their school work and working our jobs.
Next year, we will have two board positions opening up: Secretary and Treasurer. We are thrilled that two parents stepped forward prior to the school closure and said that they are planning to run in the election: Lyndsey Halderman for Secretary, and Danielle Smith for Treasurer. If anyone else is interested in running for either of the positions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23 to let us know.
We hope that your family remains healthy and is adjusting to distance learning.
Thanks for your support and understanding!
The WES PTO
Reflecting on Distance Learning with your Child: Questions to Ask...
- What are you most proud of?
- What is the most challenging part of distance learning?
- What moment made you laugh or smile?
- Did you complete all of your assignments?
- What things can you do independently now?
- Did you ask for help when you needed assistance?