Newsletter Week 3 Term 2
Huirangi Primary School 17th May 2021
Kia Ora Koutou, Hello Everyone!
Over the weekend I went to Napier and ran the Hawkes Bay Half Marathon. It was such a beautiful sight running through the vineyards and orchards alongside 5000 other people during Autumn!
We are a busy school this week with Life Education taking place for all classes. This is a great opportunity for you to follow up at home with your children about their visits to the Life Ed classroom. Each class will have a different focus for the week:
He Puāwai and Room 1 will be learning about friendships, Room 2 are learning about being healthy and happy, Room 3 will find out about kindness and empathy and Room 4 will be learning how to use different and appropriate strategies when interacting with others.
Please note we have a Teacher Only Day on Friday 4th June. Please do not send your tamariki to school this day. The staff will be having a refresher course on using our school management systems and our new active boards that were installed last week.
Our school website is currently being upgraded. I hope to be able to share the 'swish' new version with you all later on this week. Keep an eye on the app!
Ngā mihi nui,
Person of Character
Huirangi School Reunion
Home & School News
Sports - Basketball & Netball
New Look Newsletter !
- Life Education Mobile Classroom - Tuesday 18th to Friday 21st
- Home & School Meeting - Wednesday 19th May at 2.30pm
- Mobile Library Bus - Thursday 20th May
- Parent Meeting - Thursday 20th May, at 2.30pm [He Puawai, Rooms 1 & 2]
- Board of Trustees Meeting - Thursday 20th May at 6.00pm
- Mobile Library Bus - Thursday 3rd June
- Teacher Only Day [school closed] - Friday 4th June
- Queens Birthday [school closed] -Monday 7th June
11am -11.20am Morning tea interval
1.00pm - 1.40pm Lunch break
3.00pm End of Day