Eccles Wednesday News
Below are some school highlights for you to be aware of...
A Note from Mr. McKean
Greetings Eccles Community!
We are hitting a stride with school and, again, are really enjoying having our students with us in person. If anything has become constant over the past two years it is that nothing is constant. We have seen wave upon wave of required changes and we once again are facing mandates that require some adaptation from us. I continue to marvel at the flexibility and willingness of our amazing staff. They have taken on an attitude to really get things done no matter what it takes. Read below to see some of the adjustments that will go into place next week.
Arrival - All Students Front Doors!!
I am pleased to say that I believe that our Arrival process is one area in which we can relax some of our procedures.
Beginning tomorrow, all students may now enter through the front doors!
- Buses will still drop off in the front of the school. All bus riders will walk directly to the front doors.
- Car drop-off will still occur in the West parking lot. The main difference will be that we want students to be dropped off at the sidewalk nearest NW 5th - the street that fronts our school. Signs will be posted. If all else fails, look for Mr. Bowman. He will be positioned where you should drop off your kids.
- All students will still be greeted and visually screened at the front entry.
- Parents walking up to drop off students should do their best to mask and socially distance.
Recess - New Mandates
- Staff must now wear masks and distance 6 feet.
- Students will be encouraged to either wear a mask or distance 6 feet during recess.
Keep in mind that once we have volunteers back in our schools, they must be fully vaccinated, submit proof of vaccination and wear masks during their time in the building. In addition, we will be limited to one volunteer per class per day. Thanks in advance for your understanding and cooperation.