Building a Fire
How To Build A Fire On A Tropical Island
Steps To Build A Fire
- Fuel Wood- Large Pieces of Wood
- Kindling- Sticks smaller than 1" around
- Tinder- Small Twigs, Dry Leaves, or grass
- Loosely pile a few handfuls of the tinder in the center of a fire ring.
- Choose a method to add some kindling to.
- Log Cabin:
3. Ignite the tinder with a match or a lighter. If you don't have one ignite the fire yourself. (look at picture below)
4. Wait until the match is cold and throw it into the fire.
5. Add more tinder as the fire grows.
6. Blow lightly at the base of the fire.
7. Add kindling and firewood to keep it going.
8. Keep the fire small and under control.