Landstown Middle School
End of the first grading period!
Cards must have complete, accurate information, and must be signed and dated by the parent.
Please fill these out tonight, sign them, and return them with your student tomorrow. They should turn these in to their homeroom teacher ASAP.
2nd Virtual Learning Day
Schools will be closed for students November 6, 2018. VBCPS has deemed this day a “virtual learning” day.
A-Day students completed the Virtual Learning Day lesson in October, and B-Day students will complete it in November. Our Life Science Virtual Learning lesson has been designed so students who do not have internet access at home will still be able to complete the assignment by picking up a packet in class.
Please discuss internet options with your child because they will be asked if they will be able to complete it online or if they need a packet instead.
I Can Statements
- I can explain the differences between things that are living, never been living, and were once living but are now dead.
- I can compare and contrast unicellular and multicellular organisms.
- I can model how materials move into and out of cells in the processes of osmosis, diffusion, and selective permeability.
- I can explain the relationship among cells, tissue, organs, and organ systems.
- I can explain the parts of the cell theory.
- I can explain how the cells are the structure and function of living things.
- I can compare and contrast animal and plant cells and their components.
Upcoming Important Dates
October 31 & November 1 - Zombie Lab! (Be sure to ask your students to tell you about it that evening!)
November 2 & 5 - ADVANCED Cell Theory & Labeling the Cell Quiz
November 6 - Virtual Learning Day (No School)
November 12 - Veteran's Day (No School)
November 14 - Report Cards
November 16 & 19 - CORE Cellular Transport Quiz
*Dates of quizzes & tests are subject to change, be added, or removed.
Thanks for asking your child what they learned in school each day!
Thank you for asking your child about what they learned in school each day. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions and/or concerns.
Mrs. Frederick (Jamie.Frederick@vbschools.com)
Mrs. Hofacker (Gina.Hofacker@vbschools.com)
Mrs. Nagel (Alyssa.Nagel@vbschools.com)
Mrs. Wade (Sara.Wade@vbschools.com)