Middle College Updates
Spring Course Reminders
- On Tuesday, Jan. 19 we will hold MC classes from 12:30-3:05
- Wednesday is the first day of college classes -- be prepared for lines in the bookstore and crowded parking lots
- Spring Cañada schedules are available in WebSmart, as are fall final grades. Make sure to go to "class schedule summary" to see rooms, days, and times of classes. If you are waitlisted for any classes, you must go to the class and get an add code from the professor as soon as possible. Bring the add codes to me.
- The last day to add/drop college classes is Feb. 2.
- If you changed your schedule for spring or received any Ds or Fs in your fall classes, you must contact the colleges you applied to or were accepted to, to let them know. They do not like to be surprised by those changes. When they check final transcripts, they have the right to rescind their offers if they see inconsistencies. If you applied to UC, check out these reminders on what to do after you hit submit.
The deadline for completing is March 2, but completing it sooner is better than later as some schools are "first-come, first-served."
Also check out the Cash for College Workshop.
Significant Spring Dates and Holidays
Jan. 19 MC classes from 12:30-3:05
Jan. 20 college classes begin
Feb. 2 Last day to ADD/DROP a semester length course
Feb.12, 15 Presidents Holiday
March 3, 4 Staff Days (No MC or college classes)
March 28-April 1 Spring Break
May 23-27 FINALS
May 26 MC recognition celebration 3pm Cañada Theater
Please Help Spread the Word
Last year we had a wide variety of parents, friends, and community members come to speak on small (2-4 person) panels. Students chose an area of interest, and speakers spoke to groups of about 30 students on Wednesdays between 12:30-1:30. We would love to hear from you if you would like to be a speaker or know someone who might. We have a lot of students who are interested in fields that have an art component. We also have high interest in fields related to politics and social issues. That said, all fields welcome! Please contact me if you are interested.
Please pass on any names, job titles and contact info!!!
If you have already volunteered, please let me know what Wednesdays in March work best for you!
Thank you SO much!