Milroy Elementary School
Weekly Update - December 3, 2021
Message from Mrs. Wilson
We've had a great week! It's beginning to look a lot like a WINTER WONDERLAND at Milroy Elementary! Our staff and students have been decking the halls and making spirits bright!
On December 6, 7 and 8 we will have Milroy's Merry Market sponsored by our PTO. Students will be able to go shopping for family members. On Monday, students will be able to look and plan on what they would like to purchase. Tuesday and Wednesday are shopping days.
We have two Service Projects taking place right now. Please see the information below.
If it starts to get cold outside, please make sure your child brings a coat to school. We go outside for recess (if the temperature is above 20 degrees). If you need assistance in getting one, please contact the school office.
Mrs. Lisa Wilson, Principal,
Milroy Elementary School
Update Contact Information
Dates to Remember
Dec. 6 - School Board Meeting
Dec. 6,7,8 - Milroy's Merry Market
Dec. 10 - Boys' Basketball Team introduced 1/2 time of varsity basketball game
Dec. 20 - Jan. 2 - Winter Break
Jan. 3 - School Resumes for Teachers
Jan. 4 - School Resumes for Students
Jan. 11 - PTO Meeting
Update to Opening of School Plan
Update Dec. 2: Our 7-Day Positivity Rate that came out today is 12.74%, therefore we are still masking
Dear RCS Families and Staff,
On Tuesday evening, the RCS Board of Trustees approved an adjustment to our Opening of School Plan. The change involves a new system for determining if masks/face coverings will be required. From this point forward, masks/face coverings will required if the following data points are met:
1. If a building/corporation reaches 5% of students positive then we would do a mask mandate for that building or corporation for a minimum of two weeks.
2. If a building/corporation reaches 20% of students positive, we would look at closure or e-learning for that building/corporation.
The following county data points will be implemented:
1. 7 Day County positivity rate >/= 10% - Mandatory Masking in buildings for a minimum of two weeks.
2. 7 Day County positivity rate >/= 20% - Possible School Closure/E-Learning
At this time, we do not meet any of the above metrics, therefore masks/face coverings are now recommended but not required.
Please note the following:
· This is subject to change.
· Other factors such as staffing could impact operations.
· This will be reviewed weekly.
· Students and Staff who are symptomatic, or waiting on test results, should stay home from school.
· We will follow the Control Measures for contact tracing set by the Indiana Department of Health. Those who are identified as close contacts, through contact tracing, will be notified and could be subject to quarantine.
· The federal bus mandate for masks on buses is still in place.
· There are 3 ways that one can be exempt from quarantine:
1. Be fully vaccinated
2. If tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days
3. When a mask is being worn during the school day by the individual deemed in close contact.
We are trying to keep our students and staff safe and healthy while keeping schools open and as normal as possible. Your continued cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated.
Enjoy the rest of your Fall Break!
Dr. Matt Vance
Rush County Schools
330 West 8th Street
Rushville, IN 46173
(765) 932-4186 (Phone)
(765) 938-1608 (Fax)
Thanks goes to our awesome group of PTO volunteers for the treats for Teacher Appreciation Week. The Milroy Merry Market is Dec. 6, 7, and 8.
Our next PTO Meeting is Tuesday, Jan. 11th, 2022.
We have an excellent group of PTO Officers! If you would like information on how to volunteer, you can contact one of them. There are always ways to help our school even if you're not available during the day.
Sarah Mahan & Amanda Sherwood - Co-Presidents
Becky Wicker - Secretary
Lisa Switzer - Treasurer
Scholastic Classroom Campaign
Mrs. Debbie Banks, Media Specialist Assistant at Milroy Elementary, is starting a program to provide books for our students throughout the year. Each child will receive a book each month through this program. If you would like to donate to this awesome project, please click on the link above. We appreciate your donations! Our goal is to raise at least $1,500.