Raymore Update: 03/24/15
News For & About our Staff Family & PLC
Samantha Allen and Emily Vaughan's students have fun in the dramatic play center during their transportation theme.
Green Screen Stories
Mr. Hunziker and students work on green screen stories.
Celebrating Missouri Read In Day
Dr. Hofmann enjoyed reading The Lorax to Mrs. Heier's fourth grade classroom.
Wish You Well
Please keep Marie Davis' husband and her family in your thoughts and prayers as he has surgery Wednesday, March 26 at St. Joseph Hospital.
Condolences go out to Tiffany Husk on the loss of her husband's grandmother. Please keep Tiffany and her family in your thoughts and prayers during this time.
Kuddos to our National School Breakfast Week Winners: 1st place- Darriona Mason Kemp, 2nd place-Paige Gordon and 3rd place-Bryleigh Martin!!
Congratulations to Nicole Prindle (student teaching with Laura Moots)! Nicole has accepted a fourth grade teaching position at Scott Elementary in Belton for next year. We wish her the best!
Spread the news!! Our PCA is making plans for Summer & Fall 2015!
Teacher Ease Dates
VIP Breakfast - Friday, March 27
MAP Assessment Info.
Marking Attendance in SIS
Please be sure when you mark a student absent that you mark "A" and then click "Mark all day". This will mark them absent all day. If you have any questions about this, let Karla know. Thank you!
Time to Brag on Yourself!
Open in Classroom:
Articles and Videos for You
Reminders & FYIs
Spring Pictures (EC Mon/Wed Classes): Mar. 25
Kindergarten Round Up: Mar. 25 @ 2-3:30 pm & 7-8 pm
Grade 4 Field Trip-MO Town: Mar. 26
VIP Breakfast: Mar. 27
Kindergarten Field Trip-Aquarium/Lego Land: Mar. 27
Cheris Visits: Apr. 1
Pre K Round Up: Apr. 1 @ 11-12:30 & 7-8:30 pm
Early Release/PD: Apr. 2
Mandatory MAP Training: Apr. 2 @ 3:00-4:30 pm
EC/ECSE/PCA Spring Meet Me In The Park: Apr. 2 @ 11-12 pm
No School: Apr. 3
Please make sure you enter data into Protabula as students visit buddy rooms.
Include dates on target sheets. This helps Mrs. Warren enter data efficiently.
Forward emails regarding dismissal changes to both Karla and Renee.
- Please remember to be at specials door :35 after to deliver & :30 to pick up.
- Fridays --jeans with Ray Pec spirit wear.
- Continue checking off students at dismissal.
- Classroom doors should be locked at all times and the magnet should be used to allow flow in and out of classrooms. However, we are aware there are some doors that are tricky to get to stay shut when using magnets. We do have a couple of other options we can try to help solve this problem. If you need help with this situation, please see Jennika asap and we will problem solve.
Remember to add your lesson plans to the Google RE Shared Folder each Monday by 8:25 a.m.
- It is our district and building expectation that all staff reply to communication (email and phone calls) with within a 24 hour time frame.
- If you have any pictures of great things going on in your classroom or family, please send them to Jennika. I would love to share with others in our Weekly Staff Update.
- Call or text Michelle & Jennika if you're going to be unexpectedly absent (after 4 pm day before). 616-4210 and 550-4434
- Call or text Michelle if you will be in the building on the weekend! The lounge/workroom will be open for access to copiers.
- Remember to check the RE Shared Calendar for events! We are still adding, and things change.
Looking for previous copies of our Weekly Staff Updates? If so, these can be found on our Raymore Tigers Weebly site under "For Staff" & then click on "Raymore Update".
PLC: Our Mission, Vision, Values
- Focus on Learning
- Build a Collaborative Culture
- Focus on Results
We answer four questions:
- What do we expect our students to learn? (Goals/Expectations)
- How will we know they are learning? (Assessment)
- How will we respond when they don’t learn? (DI Intervention)
- How will we respond if they already know it? (DI Extension)
To fulfill our mission & vision:
- M: Preparing each student for a successful and meaningful life
- V: Turning today's learners into tomorrow's leaders
With these commitments:
- We are committed to consistency & accountability for each student's success.
- We are committed to a system of support for students and adults.
- We are committed to a safe, trusting and collaborative environment.
- We are committed to best practices.
- We are committed to high expectations for learning, behavior and citizenship.
- We are committed to quality communication & positive relationships with all stakeholders
- We are committed to effective communication regarding student progress.
- We are committed to data-driven decision making.
- We are committed to use of appropriate channels for communication.
- We are committed to a guaranteed (consistent) and viable (doable) curriculum.
- We are committed to maintaining fiscal responsibility while improving student achievement