Man or Astro-man?
The group was formed in Auburn, Alabama in the early 1990's. They are a very instrumental group and blend the style of Dick Dale and The Spotnicks with the new wave and punk rock sound of the 1970's and 1980's. Their earlier albums were known for their traditional surf rock instrumentation and sci-fi sound bite song introductions, but their later albums were known for their use of synthesizer, printers (like the Apple ImageWriter II), and their more abstract, experimental sound. Their recordings were often peppered with sound bites from obscure science fiction films and TV shows.
Brian Causey composed and performed the theme song for the popular Nickelodeon TV series, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron.
What made them famous
- "Possession by Remote Control"
- "Amazing Thrills! in 3-Dimension"
- "Supersonic Toothbrush Helmet"
- "Captain Holojoy's Space Diner"
- "Mission into Chaos!"
- "Man or Astro-man? vs.Europa"
- Is It ... Man or Astroman?
- Project Infinity
- Intravenous Television Continuum
- Experiment Zero
Characteristic of Surf Rock
H-Drum Set, Electric Guitar, Bass
R-Fast, in 4