Titan Talk Newsletter
October 10, 2019
CALLING ALL TITANS TO THE YOUTH DAY PARADE!
- 10/11 - FCS TEACHER WORKDAY - STUDENTS OFF
- 10/12 - ROSWELL YOUTH DAY PARADE - Come Walk with the Roswell Youth Day Parade - Meet @ 9:30 am at the First Baptist Church, 710 Mimosa Blvd. The parade departs promptly at 10:00 a.m.
- 10/12 - RHS Band Mattress Fundraiser @ Roswell High School form 10 am -5 pm
- 10/14 - COLUMBUS DAY HOLIDAY - NO SCHOOL
- 10/16 - Hampton Film Academy, after-school in Media Center
- 10/16 - Katha Stuart Meeting: RHS @ 6:30 pm
- 10/16 - Jr. Beta Meeting, after-school in the Media Center
- 10/16 - RAK Club, after-school in Ms. DIsmer's class
- 10/17- FCA @ 7:45 am in the Media Center. Bring $ for a chicken biscuit
- 10/17 - Hampton Film Academy, after-school in Media Center
- 10/17 - 7th Grade Dance Party - TITAN FALL FEST @ after-school - BUY $5 TICKET ONLINE: https://epms.memberhub.store
- 10/18 - Milton High School Homecoming
- 10/19 - Titan Advantage from 9 am to 12 noon
Important to Note:
No School for Students
ROSWELL YOUTH DAY PARADE
October 12th @ 9 AM
All students, parents, and teachers are invited to walk with the EPMS parade float.
*Candy, Candy, Candy Donations Requested!
COLUMBUS HOLIDAY - NO SCHOOL
7th GRADE TITAN FALL FEST 2019 VOLUNTEERS
October 17th @ 4:05 pm to 5:30 pm
Calling ALL Parent Volunteers to Sign Up HERE
KEEPING YOUR KIDS SAFE IN THE DIGITAL WORLD
October 23 @ 6 PM in the Media Center
Special Guest: Gina Young from the FBI
* Stranger Danger, Digital Fingerprint, Copyright, Explicit Content, Social Media
PINK OUT FOR BREAST CANCER AWARENESS
Friday, October 25th
* Show your support for Breast Cancer Month
Message from the Principal
I want to give some shout outs to spotlight our Titans! Mr. Baugh and the chorus students did an excellent job. I enjoyed hearing our students' beautiful voices at the Fall Chorus Concert! Congratulations to Elkins Pointe on becoming a Georgia Department of Education (GA DOE) Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Operational School. It is an honor for EPMS to be recognized for keeping kids "Respectful, Individually Responsible, Safe, and Excellent!" The Fall PE/AVID tailgate was terrific! The weather was perfect, and it was wonderful to see the students enjoying playing cornhole, tossing around footballs, and enjoying Kona Ice. Lastly, I would like to say it was great to have our 8th grade students and teachers back from the Georgia Studies trip.
On Saturday, October 12th, students and families are invited to walk with the Elkins Pointe Youth Day float. If you are in town on Saturday, please come down to Mimosa Blvd. to the Roswell Presbyterian Church at 9:30 am to support the float. Thank you to Mr. Kelly Ross for driving the float down Canton Street, and for all your hard work on this incredible project. A special thanks go to Art teacher, Ms. Powell, and Construction teacher, Mr. Moffit, and their students for their brilliant and skilled work on the float. The parade float could not happen without the support of the PTSA, and Youth Day Chair Tracy Murphy. Thank you to all the parents who sent in candy. Denise and Ainara were delighted to see the candy pile up behind them!
A reminder that school will not be in session on Friday, October 11th, and on Monday, October 14th. Thanks for all you do and enjoy your holiday weekend!
Elkins Pointe Middle School
"Every Day, Every Student, College & Career Bound: Go Titans!"
Georgia Studies Trip!
Kudos to Elkins Pointe!
Congrats to our Freshman Feeder Team!
Did you know that Elkins Pointe Adaptive PE teacher, Ms. Parent-Lew (pictured in white), is also the Coach of the Freshman Lady Eagles? Congrats to the Eagle for winning their region tournament
Take A Bow
THINGS TO KNOW
Roswell Youth Day Parade - 10/12 @ 9:30 AM
7th Grade Dance - 10/17
7th Grade Dance – “Titan Fall Fest”
The 7th Grade dance/party is scheduled for Thursday, October 17th after school (4:05 – 5:30 p.m.) Tickets are $5.00 each. You can buy them online at https://epms.memberhub.store or in the Atrium before school and during 7th Grade lunch. There will be a live DJ, games, a photo booth, pizza, and yummy treats. It’s so much fun; don’t miss out!
BUY TICKETS ONLINE:
Download the form:
Calling ALL 7th Grade Elkins Pointe Parent Volunteers
We still need helping hands to make sure the 7th Grade Titan Fall Fest is a huge success! We need help with Ticket Sales, Set-Up, Clean-Up, etc. The more parent volunteers, the easier it becomes!
Please read through the following slots for availability and don't hesitate to sign up! https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0548A4A822A64-7thgrade4
If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Fox @ email@example.com.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST COMPLETE FCS VOLUNTEER TRAINING
Bus Driver Appreciation Week – 10/21 through 10/25
Elkins Pointe will be celebrating Bus Driver Appreciation Week from Oct. 21 to Oct. 25. Please join us in appreciating our wonderful drivers. The PTSA and our Admin team have planned a week of showing our drivers the love! Look for more information in next week’s Titan Talk.
If you would like to help with Buss Drive Appreciation Week, please contact Lisa O'Hanlon Cowles.
Turn in Your Box Tops
It's Box Tops Time! Please send clipped Box Tops (in a baggie) with your student by Friday, October 25. Collection boxes are in the Atrium and at the school store. Did you know Box Tops are going digital? Simply download the app and scan your receipts; EPMS will get credit and you don't have to get out the scissors!
Picture Retakes - 10/23
Middle School Volunteer Opportunity @ HSES - 10/25
October is Breast Cancer Fundraising Month @ EPMS
Elkins Pointe will be hosting a PINK OUT on Friday, October 25th in support of Breast Cancer Research and Awareness.
Jr. Beta Community Activities Coming Soon...
Jr. Beta has some fantastic community opportunities coming soon. Please consider joining Jr. Beta and supporting their efforts!
- Oct 30 - Nov 18 - School-wide canned food drive
- Dec 2-18 - Toys for tots -Toy donations
- Dec 6- Pajama day for charity -Pay $1 to wear your favorite set of PJs, money goes to charity.
More things for Titans!
Samsung Stem Contest for Students!
The 10th annual Samsung Solve for Tomorrow STEM contest is officially open for applications!
This nationwide contest is designed to boost interest and proficiency in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM), and challenges public school teachers and students in grades 6-12 to show how STEM can be applied to help improve their local community.
The even better news? We have increased our prize pool to $3 Million and more schools will win this year. We encourage students to submit your application today to kick off your school year.
This Solve for Tomorrow year is going to be a memorable one, so submit your STEM project idea/solution for your students’ chance to participate in the 2019-2020 competition! All it takes is answering two, short questions – take a few minutes to apply today on Samsung.com/solve.
Connect to Feeders and the Community
RHS Band Fundraiser
Jeep Raffle for RHS Marching Band
BUY FOOTBALL TICKETS ONLINE
Title I Schoolwide Program at Elkins Pointe
Elkins Pointe is a Title I School, and we participate in the Title I Schoolwide Program.
What is Title I?
Title I is a federally funded program designed to ensure that all children have a fair, equal, and significant opportunity to obtain a high-quality education and reach, at a minimum, proficiency on challenging state academic standards and state academic assessments.
The Title I program focuses on the academic needs of the most disadvantaged students.
LINKS TO IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- 2019-2020 Fulton County School Calendar
- Accessing the Code of Conduct Online
- GA DOE Parent Occupational Survey
- Health Services Information
- Right to Inspect and Review Records
- Right to Know Teacher Qualifications
- School Bus Safety Information
- Student Accident Insurance Letter
- Talented & Gifted Screening Process.pdf
If you would like a Student Accident Insurance Plan application, please contact Ms. Traci Dease (Counselor) at firstname.lastname@example.org or have your child come by the Counseling Office and ask for one.
- 10/21 to 10/25 - Bus Driver Appreciation Week
- 10/21 to 11/1 - Iowa Testing (ITBS) 8th Grade Window
- 10/23 - Picture Retakes with Cady Studios
- 10/23 - Digital Safety Parent University Workshop @ 6 p.m.
- 10/24 - Orchestra Fall Concert in EPMS Gym @ 7 p.m.
- 10/28 to 11/1 - Red Ribbon Week
- 10/29 – 8th Grade Band Cluster Concert @ Milton 6:30 p.m.
- 10/31 - Parent Resource Open House @ 9:30 a.m.
- 10/31 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
- 11/4 to 11/8 - French National Week
- 11/4 - 6th & 7th Grade Band Concert @ 6:30 p.m.
- 11/5 - FCS Professional Day (students off)
- 11/7 - Student-Led Data Talks @ 6 p.m.
- 11/11 - Veterans Day: EPMS honors our veterans
- 11/20 - Katha Stuart Meeting: MPES @ 9:30 a.m.
- 11/21 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
- 11/22 - EPMS RFF Day (EPMS students off)
- 11/25 to 11/29 - Thanksgiving Break (schools closed)
- 12/3 - Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6 p.m. (English)
- 12/5 - Rising 9th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6 p.m. (Spanish)
- 12/10 - Band Holiday Concert @ EPMS 6:30 p.m. ALL grades
- 12/11 - Katha Stuart Meeting: VMES @ 9:30 a.m.
- 12/12 - Chorus Holiday Concert @ EPMS 6:30 p.m.
- 12/12 - Spelling Bee @ 9 a.m.
- 12/20 - Lost & Found donated at end of the school day
- 12/20 - Last Day of First Semester
- 12/23 to 12/31 – Winter Break (schools closed)